Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, once I got wind of this game and that folks noted it being carried (exclusively?) at Target, I knew I wanted to get a copy to play with my kids. So, I make it a point to check local Target stores whenever I'm out and about. No luck. So, I think to check on Target's website. The game is "only available in-store" they say but when I do a search for stock in my area...no stores in a 50 mile radius have it in stock. In fact, all of the stores in the list say "Not carried in this store".

Now, it's not like I live way out in the boonies somewhere...I live in the middle of one of the largest metropolitan areas in the United States (DFW). Why in the heck is no one carrying this game around here?

My other option would be, of course, to order it from Amazon but that means paying shipping unless it's part of an order of $49 or more (remember when it was free shipping at $25 or more?...those were the days) and I'd rather avoid that if possible.

So, has anyone else had any luck finding this game at other retailers/FLGS's/their local Target stores?

I was hoping to buy a copy of this game as a birthday gift for my son but I don't think that's going to happen the way I wanted it to.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine for $13 on Amazon when it was on sale and I have Prime. I've not looked for it at game stores, but a lot of game shops don't carry Hasbro titles because the margins are too low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't shop on Amazon often enough for Prime to be financially viable. I've considered it a few times but every time I crunch the numbers, it's just not a good investment for me.

I even considered just giving up and buying a copy of Ghost Fightin' Treasure Hunters instead, which is (interestingly enough) readily available at several Target stores in my area...but I know my kids would be far more interested in the Ghostbusters theme (and GFTH is about $15 more MSRP).

Sigh. I'll probably just have to wait until I gather together enough of an Amazon order and just throw GB on top of it. Just a little annoyed that a game which seems to have been marketed as a "Target-buy" can't be bought from Target anywhere near me (and isn't sold by them online).

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.