Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not using it that way when I played my first dungeon!!!

So it may be so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is my understanding yes - you decide to cast the spell, that uses that character's turn and the spell is used up. Then you roll to determine if it hits or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gribbon wrote:
That is my understanding yes - you decide to cast the spell, that uses that character's turn and the spell is used up. Then you roll to determine if it hits or not

My understanding as well. Spells are a resource that get used up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eurek
Italy
San Donato Milanese
ITA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jBullfrog wrote:
Gribbon wrote:

Is that confirmed? Also in my first game I was playing that the spells does not get used if fails (cfr. E.g. Dungeon storming rules)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Platts
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
enricodonaggio wrote:
jBullfrog wrote:
Gribbon wrote:

Is that confirmed? Also in my first game I was playing that the spells does not get used if fails (cfr. E.g. Dungeon storming rules)

It's my understanding as well. The base rules don't appear to specify. However, in the Wizard class description it mentions that a certain number of spells are chosen before entering the dungeon, and that you can have multiple copies of the same spell if you choose to.

That to me at least hints that spells get used up. Otherwise I see no reason to stack them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eurek
Italy
San Donato Milanese
ITA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually tour reasonment does not apply - of course they get used (and so you are stacking them at the beginning) - we are asking here if the spells get used also when they fail. Basically if you use them up at the moment you decide to cast the spell, and not after seeing a successful resolution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually, I think the rules are quite clear (FAQ, p.64 & 65) :
Quote:
The number of spells is NOT the number of incantations that the wizard knows, it is the number of total uses of any of the six spells that the wizard has memorized.
(bold added by me)

So when you use the spell, you lose it, be it a failure or success...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.