Subject: Rules online rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

The English rules of the Rhodes board game are online. The rules in French, German and Dutch have been uploaded by The Game Master [15-SEP-2016].

The Game Master is working on a video presentation to give more info on the game, but the rules should give a good idea of what makes this game exciting. The moving ships increase the fun naturally...

More info on the game on the website of The Game Master (publisher):
http://www.thegamemaster.nl/en/games-rhodes.htm

The Game Master will present Rhodes in Essen at SPIEL'16 in hall 7, stand number F-107. MSRP of the game is EUR 35-40. Pre-ordering with discount.

Pre-ordering of Rhodes can be done till October 1, 2016:
http://www.thegamemaster.nl/en/shop/rhodes-pre-order-page.ht...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Van Tol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

The rules are now online in 4 languages on Boardgamegeek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, but the rules are laid out really badly. I totally don't get the game after reading them. There are moments with nothing but wall of text! You need 3 times as many examples and you need clear pictures depicting everything, especially the more complex actions like Production, Farm and Harbor, in their entirety.

It should be summarized how you actually get points in the game, not make me search everywhere again.
There's no list of components either.

Very poor rulebook, unfortunately. I will keep the game on my radar, but it's definitely not a purchase material for now, as I can't envision how the game plays. At this point you need revised rules or a very thorough video explanation to explain everything properly imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.