Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried this out last night and really enjoyed it. Short, fun and really gorgeous looking game!
Nice designs and graphics guys. thumbsup thumbsup

One thing came up during our game. I am pretty certain of the answer, but asking so it's 100% clear after that.

How many times can a Time Stop be Time Stopped?

Using the example from the rules:

"...Player A burns a Rewind to the discard to trigger its ability. Before it takes effect,
Player B burns a Time Stop on top of the discard to cancel the Rewind’s ability. Because his turn was
stopped, Player A gets a new turn, allowing him to draw, install, burn, or defuse.

A Time Stop can also cancel a Time Stop. This allows the original ability to occur and turn of play resumes as normal..."

In a 2 player game, If player B has another Time Stop, can the 2nd Time Stop (played by player A) be stopped again?
In effect unblocking the blocked Time Stop.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine so. A Time Stop cancels the card it's played on, so the third Time Stop would cancel the second, letting the first do it's thing. Right? That's how I would play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattox Shuler
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
ControlCardGame.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Charles, thanks for the kind words! Bear King beat me to it: a Time Stopped can be stopped however many times possible. So a second Time Stop could be played to cancel the first, allowing the original ability to go through. But if another player has another Time Stop, it could be played cancelling the second and stopping the original ability. Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles-David
Canada
Mascouche
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
“Happiness is nothing unless it exists side by side with sadness. Two sides. One coin” - 7th Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
mattoxshuler wrote:
Hope that helps!

Yes sir it does. Thank you very much for the official answer.

After multiple plays (and suffering multiple lost games because my wife keep beating me) we are really enjoying this game. (or at least she is )

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.