Subject: Bandits attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Bandits may be too passive and I'd like to introduce more 'group on group' threat. Anyone thought of a house rule / variant whereby killing Bandits increases the likelihood of a Bandit gang attack on the Colony?

Maybe such a triggered attack (each turn roll a die to get higher than the total of Bandits killed or removed from the game) could force some kind of reprisal attack on the Colony - a Survivor at the Colony to take a wound or lose an item?

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm. I'm not sure that would really add much of an impact, which may be good or not to accomplish what you hope. It may be better to try and force people more to search/attack the bandit colony. Maybe randomly adding more bandits than the crises cards say? I don't know what would be a good number. Maybe 3 or 4? Maybe randomly add bandits based on the number of players? This would mean bandits are much more prevalent, would be harder to completely remove, would steal way more items and (in theory)encourage more interaction with the bandit hideout...which is where the conflict comes from as you can take wounds or even die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are good ideas and I like the objcetive of making trips to the Bandit colony more likely / necessary. But I've still got this itch of the Bandits being aggressive if pushed too far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott L
msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the idea of the bandit module but can't warm to it totally.

We're trialling the following variant:

Bandits are placed according to the crisis card.

1) If there's no zombie overrun...
a) Bandits leave the area after the "Add Zombies" step.
b) Each bandit takes with them the top card of the item deck.
c) For each departing bandit, there's a chance (a 5 or 6 on a D6) that they'll inflict a wound to the survivor of highest influence at the same location and take one random item as well.

2) If there's a zombie overrun...
a) there's a 50% chance that a survivor is bitten (the one of least influence), 50% chance that a bandit is bitten. If the bandit is bitten, the bandit is removed and each survivor at the location rolls for exposure. If it's a survivor, normal bite rules.

We're trying this because:
1) our locations were getting clogged with both bandits and zombies
2) we thought it just silly that a bandit had no chance of being bitten in an overrun
3) bandits sharing a location with the survivor were only a pest because they attract zombies and we thought they ought to be hostile thieves as well.

Again, just trialling this but your feedback, good and bad, would be most welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.