Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
César Mendes
Portugal
Santarem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Great game, really enjoying it although I only played it solo until now.

Would like to check if we do need to wait for the 8 rounds even after we have the token in place and can get back to camp. Even in Solo mode?

So basically we prepare the "bomb" and after that we need to hold until the end of 8 rounds?

Thanks for the clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Pre-order 13 Ghosts today!
mbmbmbmbmb
Balrogas wrote:
Hi,

Great game, really enjoying it although I only played it solo until now.

Would like to check if we do need to wait for the 8 rounds even after we have the token in place and can get back to camp. Even in Solo mode?

So basically we prepare the "bomb" and after that we need to hold until the end of 8 rounds?

Thanks for the clarification

The game can last less than 8 rounds. If by the end of ANY round, the following criteria are met. The game ends and the player(s) win.

1) The Objectives are complete
2) All Characters have returned to the Starting Area
3) No Alien enters the Starting Player Area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Mendes
Portugal
Santarem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Konstantinos,

Thanks for the clarification. From the rules I was understanding that we needed to hold the fort

But now it is clear that we don't have to.

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Balrogas wrote:
Hi Konstantinos,

Thanks for the clarification. From the rules I was understanding that we needed to hold the fort

Thanks again

I had the same question, thanks for the clarification.

Still feel like I may be doing something wrong. I played a couple solo learning games, and they seemed excrutiatingly easy. I finished 2 out of 3 of solo ganged in a single round. I was spawning 2 cards at setup You've already confirmed that you don't have to wait out the 8 rounds, so:

Is this a product of the solo variant being too easy?
Do I have a misconception of how easy "easy" should be?
Or am I overlooking a rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dettmarp wrote:
Balrogas wrote:
Hi Konstantinos,

Thanks again

Still feel like I may be doing something wrong. I played a couple solo learning games, and they seemed excrutiatingly easy. I finished 2 out of 3 of solo ganged in a single round. I was spawning 2 cards at setup You've already confirmed that you don't have to wait out the 8 rounds, so:

That's interesting.
In other threads, most of the players believe that the solo mode is extremely difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sot07 wrote:
dettmarp wrote:
Balrogas wrote:
Hi Konstantinos,

Thanks again

That's interesting.
In other threads, most of the players believe that the solo mode is extremely difficult.

which leads me to believe that I'm playing incorrectly :/

I only tried the demolition, so maybe that one is just easier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vaggelis Vernadakis
Greece
Sitia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dettmarp wrote:
sot07 wrote:
dettmarp wrote:
Balrogas wrote:
Hi Konstantinos,

Thanks again

That's interesting.

If you are playing an "easy" mode, it is childish... You can lose only if want to. If you are playing in "medium" difficulty, challenge is higher but it is beatable. If you are playing in "hard", then you need a very good combination of weapons, aliens, dice rolling (and sometimes even those are not enough) to be close to winning. I have beat it in hard mode I think only once (and I am not completely sure I was playing it correctly) in almost 25 plays. I did not yet dare to play the "very hard setup"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vernad wrote:
dettmarp wrote:
sot07 wrote:
dettmarp wrote:
Balrogas wrote:
Hi Konstantinos,

Thanks again

That's interesting.

If you are playing an "easy" mode, it is childish... You can lose only if want to. If you are playing in "medium" difficulty, challenge is higher but it is beatable. If you are playing in "hard", then you need a very good combination of weapons, aliens, dice rolling (and sometimes even those are not enough) to be close to winning. I have beat it in hard mode I think only once (and I am not completely sure I was playing it correctly) in almost 25 plays. I did not yet dare to play the "very hard setup"...

ok, that helps. I assumed easy was "easy-gamer", but maybe it's more "easy-children"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh yea, easy is REALLY easy. I used easy to mixed 2 objective lol so I had easy setup on one objective + medium on another, which end up slightly easier than hard, but more challenging than medium.

I haven't won hard yet.

medium adds the events and more objective to achieved. I think the challenge is quite nice

enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.