United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
(I've had a look through the first four pages of threads and can't find an answer).

We played as a group for the first time tonight and really enjoyed scenario 2, but left with s couple of questions.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
So we managed to get everyone on to the boat beside one person. Most of the hotel was on fire, two mobs, two deep ones, two hybrids and a child were chasing down the last person.

First question: when you speak to the captain dude he asks if everyone is there. Can you choose to leave someone behind? Or can you only click yes if you are literally all there?

Second question: can monsters move onto the boat? I couldn't see anywhere that said they couldn't? If so do you need to kill them before leaving? If not it's a bit unthrmstic, if so it's a bit of a pain hah.

Third question: when someone who is insane meets their win condition (in this case it was the pyromaniac - 6 rooms or more on Fire - the whole bloody hotel had gone up at that point...) do they just announce it (according to the card) and that's it? Do you do anything on the app or just click exit?

As it happened the last person was insane and won with the pyromaniac condition. We wouldn't have been able to win anyway as we hadn't found the body and totally forgot about it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my best guess

1. Yes, you can leave without everyone. You should feel terrible leaving someone behind though.

2. I would think they can move on to the boat. I think you don't need to kill them before leaving. Imagine you shoving them off out at sea as the boat's slipping away.

3. Not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb

2) We never had any monsters actually reach the boat so I don't know, but I would guess that yes, they can board (and attack). I would also guess the scenario will not stop you from leaving if one is present. (Charlie's suggestion sounds fine as a thematic justification.)

3) I believe that yes, you just end the scenario when an insanity condition that ends the game triggers. It's anti-climatic but I don't see any support for it in the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!

1) Thats what I assumed, and they had gone insane so we wouldn't have felt that bad... Pirate code: you fall behind, you stay behind arrrh

2) Again we assumed they could as there is nothing to say they can't. We more pictured us all sailing off into the sunset drinking pina coladas...

3) Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my game (first attempt) we couldn't leave without a certain person. Boat captain just said "nope."

So, apparently you can't leave just anyone behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.