GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,806 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

B-17: Queen of the Skies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Just rolled a "0" on Table M-2 Fighter damage. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As in rolled a "1" against an FW190 with the starboard cheek gun. Now is that a No Effect on the FW190, or do I just consider it a "1" as far as damage is concerned. First time this has happened to me.

thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I've always played when using the various charts involving fighters (tables B-1, B-2, M-1, M-2, M-3)that you can't roll more than 6 or less than 1 regardless of modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rule it as No Effect. It's perfectly reasonable that you not damage the enemy on every attempt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Do you also then determine "No Effect" when an enemy fighter with a -2 (Green with an FCA) rolls a 5 or 6 (modified 0 and -1) on an attack from 12:00? I always treat an unmodified 6 as a hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the box for M-3 it does state that "... Regardless of modifiers in effect, a roll of 6 is always a hit, ..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
As in rolled a "1" against an FW190 with the starboard cheek gun. Now is that a No Effect on the FW190, or do I just consider it a "1" as far as damage is concerned. First time this has happened to me.

thanks in advance

The result would be FCA (Fighter Damaged but Continues attack at -1). As the previous "To Hit" Die Roll established that you DID a relevant Hit to the enemy fighter, now this roll determines what the effects that this damage has on the enemy fighter. As we don't log system damage to the enemy's fighter this type of damage is more of an abstract damage. I.E. you caused a fuel leak or scared the pilot as you just hit the canopy and he is calling it a day. or in the case of a FCA you broke the canopy and he is having issues seeing now.

bbacher wrote:
I would rule it as No Effect. It's perfectly reasonable that you not damage the enemy on every attempt.

This is a modifier to the chart. As there is NO result of "No Effect" on this chart then this is Not a reasonable outcome. All this modifier , and others, do is shift the result rolls. i.e. a -1 modifier makes a FCA happen on a 1-3, a FBOA is now on a 4-5 and a "Fighter Destroyed" is only on a 6. As easy as that.

Hope this helps,
Jim P cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.