Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few weeks ago I discovered that City of Spies released with a Promo card set. I happen to think this is a great game and so I immediately wanted to ask about how to obtain (i.e. buy) the Promo cards.

Hopefully, a decision at some point will be made to place them for sale on the Boardgamegeek Store. I just ordered some Escape Expansions and have to say I was impressed with the experience.

But thinking about buying the Promo Cards for City of Spies now prompted me to contact the designer, Gil d'Orey. Probably not the right path to go down but I just have to compliment Gil for his obvious shared enthusiasm for the game, incredible politeness and kindness in getting me pointed in the right direction. I just like designers who are enthused about what they do and are willing to communicate openly beyond interacting with the known game media.

Meanwhile over at Stronghold, I still wait to hear an official response. Will keep this thread updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: City of Spies: The Promo Cards -- A Tale of Two Levels of Service
Some German online game shops sell three promo cards: Krystyna, Paderewski (both Polish spiels) and Enigma (special rules). The two other promo cards (USA spies Kennan and Baker) seem to be exclusive to the USA.

The cards are language independent, so you might want to consider ordering them in Europe.

BTW: I do not think that these promo cards add much to the game. At least not the additional spies. And Enigma, well, did you read the rules? It may spice up the game if everyone on the table knows the game very well. But until then, it only makes things more complicated than necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: City of Spies: The Promo Cards -- A Tale of Two Levels of Service
I too want these! Where to get? Where to get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: City of Spies: The Promo Cards -- A Tale of Promos & Expansions
All,

I was given permission to say something, so I will. First, I am still awaiting word on the Promo Cards from Stronghold. But it appears that I am also allowed to say that if the game sells well, (Which why wouldn't it? The game is awesome.) then an expansion could very well be in the works.

It all depends on sales... of course. But a new, additional locale could be in the plans. And a few other nifty things, as well...

It's actually kinda cool that I am being allowed to share this information, even though it is NOT an official announcement of anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a unique and great game. Can't wait for an expansion.

Seems like a no brainer...new locations, new characters with new abilities and new missions would be easy...and awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
University City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE: I received an update from Stronghold Games. They advised in about 2-3 months we could get the promo cards either on the website or the BGG Store. It depends.

So some very good news, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.