California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kicking myself for not getting the files before they were pulled and my Google searches have come up empty for copies elsewhere. So I'm wondering what you guys consider the next best zombie game?

I've played Zombies!! of course and after a few games my gaming group got bored with it. It's a nice simple game but doesn't have much replay value since it is so simple. I've heard people talk about "Zombie Plague" which I want to study more. But doesn't have the event cards it seems to add interesting elements that people seem to like in this game.

I'm hoping this one will actually come out but since there's been no posts on even a publisher I'm guessing it will be a few years if ever that we see a published version. I know how long it takes to get games from concept to in-box so I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing all your comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rate these two second and third, behind Dead of Night:

2nd - Zombie Plague. Also, it is very cheap... as in free. Very good game. It plays well with 2 or more. Workable solitaire

3rd - Zombietown. We have enjoyed this one a lot. Works best with 3 or more (up to 6) players. There is a 2 player version, but I do not find that as much fun.

However, my favorite game of all with zombies in it, though not strictly a zombie game, is a super hero game called "Capes and Cowls". One of the super heroes (actually a villian) is Baron Necro who summons zombies as part of his power. 2-4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
MoonSylver wrote:
Zombie Plague is the closest in terms of theme/style of play. It does have some interesting suprises via the search cards which can turn up all kinds of hidden suprises both good & bad. PLUS with all of the fan made goodies (avalible via the Yahoo Group) there's LOTS of goodness there.

Just because there's such a hype on DoN don't write off ZP yet. It's solid, fun, FREE, & easily customizable to suit your tastes.
---MS

Thanks for the info, I should check out the Yahoo group just to see what they have up there. I really think those new color maps that were put up fairly recently are beautiful. Great work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Since this is unavailable what's the next best Zombie Ga
check this puppy out..totally flying under everyone's radar..hopefully it'll be out soon! Its called "Last Night on Earth" zombie

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/29368
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Since this is unavailable what's the next best Zombie Ga
asgelb wrote:
check this puppy out..totally flying under everyone's radar..hopefully it'll be out soon! Its called "Last Night on Earth" zombie

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/29368

THAT looks promising!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.