Emily Jessen
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi friends

I'm a 24-year-old living in Parker and rediscovering my love for board games after a childhood of Monopoly and Sorry and Monopoly and you get the picture. I've started building a collection, but don't really have anyone to play with on a regular basis, especially not for games that are better with 3-4 people. I often play with my mom, but she's a little slow on games with more strategy or a lot of elements.

So I'm looking for two-three people just to hang out with and play some games. I'm open to trying anything, as I'm still figuring out what types of games that I like.

A little about gamer me: I like playing more than winning, I don't get frustrated easily, I'm not very competitive, and I like talking fun trash and learning from each others' strategies.

Anyway, message me here or privately if you're in the South Denver area (or even Denver--I work in the city on Fridays) and let's see if we get along so we can meet up and play

Emilymeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Emily,
You're in luck, Denver has a TON of gamers! You're also very close to two of the best board cafes I've ever been to, look up the two locations for Enchanted Grounds. They both have open game nights that you can drop in and find groups playing all sorts of games. Also, check out Meetup.com, there's a bunch of board game Meetups in Denver and other areas in the front range. I'm in the Springs and we have several such groups.

Lastly, Denver hosts some great conventions. The Conclave of Gamers is in April and you can catch it next year. In October, check out B-Con, a new convention that looks to have a bunch of game designers, publishers and plain old gamers.

Seriously, you're in a great area for games, welcome to the hobby! Here's some Geek Gold to get yourself an avatar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mason
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Denvergames.com we meet every Tuesday at the park Meadows mall. They also host the first and third Saturday.

Denver central games also plays board games Monday and Thursday.

Both are a good bunch of guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Definitely check with Enchanted Grounds in Highlands Ranch (between University and Quebec just north of 470 - coffee shop/gaming place - very nice place to play).

Another location farther from you is their store in Littleton (Bowles and 85/Santa Fe).

I know there is a board-game group that meets every-other Thursday at the Littleton store, and they play games like you mention. They also do stuff on Sundays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Emily, I geek mail'd you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.