$20.00
$60.00
Emperor Penguin
United States
Mercer
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I generally do not like games that punish you. In fact that is the the main thing keeping me from really enjoying a lot of Feld games. But for some reason I like this game and it is even more punishing. Maybe it is because in a Feld game the punishment is a secondary part that annoys you while you are trying to do so many other things to gather points, but in this game (at least for me) the mitigation of the punishment is the primary part of the game and the point gathering is secondary. And frankly I'm surprised I like that. It is my most played game of the year (mostly solo, more on that later)

However I haven't found a single other player who likes this game. I have only played with four other people (always two player games) and they have all had no desire to play a second time. The best response was it was "ok", and one player declared they would never play it again. I did manage to get one person to play a second time a week later. That person hated it after the first play and they liked it much better the second time. Fortunately it has a solo mode that I really like. I don't do many solo games but the solo ai in this is simple and not cumbersome.

For me it is an 8 out of 10.
For the others I played with more in the 2 to 4 range on average.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Maynard
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmb
What I tend to do is warn people from the outset that the game is about managing disasters and that they will get caught out in the game (most likely more than once).

So far it has worked and everyone I have played it with has appeared to enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.