California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got my hands on a copy of the game which had everything but the minis. Just waiting for it to show up on my doorstep. I've noticed a lot of copies that show up on eBay don't have minis so plan to make cardboard standees of all 16 heroes since I'll have the player boards to scan from. Will post here a PDF of them since I'm sure there are many that don't have the minis.

Stay tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Groves
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the 16 heroes come from an expansion as the original game only has 4?
If so, I'd be interested in seeing the additions.

Good luck beating the sun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1745 Dungeonquest-Heros came with metal minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brisiel
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The other thing you can do, and I actually replaced all of my DQ minis with Dungeons and Dragons minis... there are several online stores that sell the D&D minis as single items (most for very cheap... like a buck or so). The small minis are the perfect scale for Dungeon Quest.

I also picked up minis for all of the potential monsters that you encounter in the game (orcs, goblins, spiders, champion of chaos, etc.)... geeky? maybe, but adds to the atmosphere...

I love this game... congrats on getting your copy!

briseman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original game comes with 4 heroes and the "Heroes" expansion adds 12 more. But 4 of those 12 are basically the same as the original 4.

A friend of mine also suggested using D&D minis but will still make standees since it won't be so confusing which is which.

Thanks Chris, I'm so glad to finally get a copy. Been holding out for awhile watching the auctions until a complete one showed up (mostly anyway). Does seem strange so many don't have the minis. Not sure what people were doing with the minis. Maybe someone will auction off just the minis some day and I'll get them finally. I really don't mind not having them since its easier to store and don't have to worry about painting them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the Heroes are still available from Games Workshops back catalogue. It's just a matter of searching long and hard until you find them.

the individual mini's do appear on eBay from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the standees finally done. Took ages for my DungeonQuest to show up in the mail but finally got my greedy little hands on it! Uploaded the standees here so hopefully will be up in a few days.

EDIT- They are now up in the downloads section! Hope you find them useful. We played our first game on Saturday and everyone had a great time so they got their first use!

I also made new Combat Cards which I've uploaded here. So watch for them. They are standard 3.5"x2.5" cards so you can put them in sleeves and make a set for every player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.