Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
DANDELIONdandelionDANDELIONdandelionDANDELIONdandelionDANDELIONdandelion
badge
DANDELION dandelion DANDELION dandelion DANDELION dandelion DANDELION dandelion
mb
all prices except US dollar amounts are coded with country currency code. This is confusing. $50.00 has no meaning on a worldwide scale, it could mean a number of different currencies, depending where one is when one reads it. Not everyone reading prices is in the US.

It is weird to me to see a listing in dollars, when what is actually meant is US dollars. Very often Canadian games being sold to Canadian gamers are listed as '$50.00', when what is meant is $50USD, for example, which is quite different than $50.00 as it is conventionally understood in Canada.

I have had two separate sales (five years apart) cancelled because I confused the prices and mistakenly offered to buy a game that cost substantially more than I wanted to pay, as $ here refers to USD. I'm probably not the only one.

Just a suggestion for achieving greater clarity with regard to financial transactions, which I submit is always a good thing.

I understand, however, that this is for the most part a site for and about Americans, and that could be a disincentive to changing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Savory Oliver wrote:

I understand, however, that this is for the most part a site for and about Americans.

Traffic data, back when Aldie still published the numbers, indicated otherwise :

2013 :

US 47.02%
United Kingdom 8.16%
Canada 7.40%
Germany 4.11%
Australia 3.00%
Spain 2.40%
France 2.16%
Italy 1.87%
Poland 1.57%
Netherlands 1.55%

So half the traffic is from outside the USA, but just looking at the site's features you could be fooled thinking it was all-American. Even with the re-design, which went backwards on making it easier for non-USA-nians in a number of areas including determining the correct box picture Id for geeklists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.