3 Posts

Quartermaster General» Forums » Rules

Subject: SHAEF rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spyros
msg tools
Imagine the following situations:

1) USA has an army in Australia and a navy in South China Sea.
The UK has an army in Southeast Asia and another army in Australia.

Of course it is obvious that the rules of SHAEF can be applied during the UK's supply step so that the UK army in Southeast Asia is not out of supply.

2) Now imagine the same situation as above, but without the UK having an army in Australia.
I.e.: USA has an army in Australia and a navy in South China Sea. The UK player has an army in Southeast Asia.

There are no other pieces around, so the it's not possible for the UK to trace supply of the Southeast Asia back to another UK-owned supply space (e.g. UK) via other UK/French/USA pieces.

Since the UK doesn't have a piece of its own in Australia, is the Southeast Asian piece considered to be in supply because of the US pieces in Australia or not?

3) Imagine the same situation as in #2, (i.e. USA has an army in Australia and a navy in South China Sea. The UK player has an army in Southeast Asia.) but the UK also has the status card which allows them to build an army in Australia. Is there any difference this time or is the Southeast Asian piece still in/out of supply ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My own personal feeling is that the British Army in Southeast Asia is in supply in all three cases.

I suppose that only Ian can give us a definitive ruling though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Witch Lord wrote:
My own personal feeling is that the British Army in Southeast Asia is in supply in all three cases.

I suppose that only Ian can give us a definitive ruling though.

yes, this is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.