Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Clarke
Australia
flag msg tools
Hey all,

Apologies if a double post.

Some clarity on Sea movement required

When moving from a Sea space can i move into a port on a adjacent sea space directly?

Example:

1) Port to Sea. Sea to Adjacent Sea and directly into Port (2 moves)

2) Port to Sea. Sea to Adjacent Sea. Sea to Port (3 moves)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joekeck
United States
jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
if I understand your question correctly, the answer is no
example two is correct, example one is not
names of the locations would help clarify
example: moving from hamburg to north sea, then to English channel, then to le havre (3 moves)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ports are adjacent to (but separate from) the sea area(s) they touch
So you have to be in the Sea Zone the port touches at the start of the turn in order to land at that port.** (See reference on adjacency and sea movement).

** EXCEPTION. In theory, there is a way you could get to a port in an adjacent sea zone in one. If each adjacent sea zone has a port, and those ports are connected directly by a road, then you could Wolf Form through the port touching your zone, and use the road to get to the other port that turn.

P.S. I used the term "touching" above because I assume your confusion is over the meaning of "adjacent" in terms of ports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Man

Tennessee
msg tools
Think of it as if you're actually traveling on a ship. First you have to enter the next sea zone (1 move), and then you have to travel to dock at a port (1 move).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.