Popular Tags: [View All]
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
It happened across one of my plays...
I drew a stir card to resolve and then the revealed old one was asking to place extra cultists on some locations.
One of those locations had 3 of them already, does this mean that they make a ritual and I open a new old one at the same turn (since its not allowed to place a 4th one) or nothing happens ?.

Also one more....
Relics belong to players, but I assume a player who isn't his turn can use it to boost the "active" player?

Thanks in advance!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can reveal two Old Ones in the same turn, only Awakening Rituals are explicitly taken out of chain reactions (as you don't place any cultists as opposed to regular Pandemic, where the diseases spread after an Outbreak).

And for the relics: Yes, they can be used on the other players' turn, except for those ones that explicitly say you can't and of course if you have the Old One active that says you can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Farydia wrote:
Yes, you can reveal two Old Ones in the same turn, only Awakening Rituals are explicitly taken out of chain reactions (as you don't place any cultists as opposed to regular Pandemic, where the diseases spread after an Outbreak).

And for the relics: Yes, they can be used on the other players' turn, except for those ones that explicitly say you can't and of course if you have the Old One active that says you can't.

So you mean that if a ritual makes an old one to trigger another ritual (cause of a 4th cultlist) then the chain is broken and doesn't happen (thus you don't reveal an extra old one), right?

Thanks for your immediate response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, sorry, maybe I wasn't as clear as I thought... no, what I meant was: The Awakening Ritual does not place extra cultists in adjacent locations (different from regular Pandemic outbreaks) and therefore does not lead to Awakening chain reactions.
If the revealed Old One leads to a ritual, though, there is no rule that prevents a chain reaction. Therefore you would have to reveal the next Old One and creep one step closer to Ultimate Doom And Destruction (TM). goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
perfectly clear!!! thanks once more!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yell armageddon
msg tools
Hi, we had the same question and looked up the general consensus here.

We had four awakening rituals at the end of a single turn. Here is what happened:
An insane investigator ended up in the hospital (which is a gate) with 2 cultist and then drew an evil stirs.
- rolled a die, which spawned two cultists => Place the third cultist on the hospital and trigger an awakening.
- the awakened elder was dagon ( place 1 cultist on each gate) => trigger an awakening
- the awakened god was Atlach-Nacha ( place 1 cultist on each investigator unless...) => trigger an awakening
- The last step of the evil stirs finally revelead the fourth elder, which was cthulhu and ended our game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Read
msg tools
Greetings Yell Armageddon,

Looks like your tag is just about right for this game.

Had a similar situation. Scary how quickly the world spirals out of control.

Fred the Obscure,
Durban,
South Africa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.