Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understood correctly, all "Song of..." books are somehow based on the original Blades and Heroes rules; so, are they compatible? would it work if I pit, say, an orc warband from Blades and Heroes against Napoleonic soldiers from Drums and Shakos? or are both rulesets meant to be kept separated? What about other rulesets like Mutants and Rayguns, or Flying Lead? can I mix and match? elves vs robots? vampires vs Navy Seals?

Also, in another different question, I'd like to know if there is a similar set of simple skirmish rules for superheroes battles. Having that Ganesha games has pretty much covered any nerdy theme from dragons to giant robots, this seems like a glaring absence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
If I understood correctly, all "Song of..." books are somehow based on the original Blades and Heroes rules; so, are they compatible? would it work if I pit, say, an orc warband from Blades and Heroes against Napoleonic soldiers from Drums and Shakos? or are both rulesets meant to be kept separated? What about other rulesets like Mutants and Rayguns, or Flying Lead? can I mix and match? elves vs robots? vampires vs Navy Seals?

I'd say yes as the core rules match. Some rules are more suited for the base game, e.g. Flying Lead puts a lot more focus on shooting outcomes than SoBaH cares about. You'd just have to select which of these you want to use.

srcabeza wrote:

Also, in another different question, I'd like to know if there is a similar set of simple skirmish rules for superheroes battles. Having that Ganesha games has pretty much covered any nerdy theme from dragons to giant robots, this seems like a glaring absence.

Power Legion. I'm not sure what extra's it adds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can mix everything. I don't own all the rulesets, but i've found just a couple of "theme-specific" rules (and often they are just "more detailed" already existing rules).

So, the only problem is to keep the faction balanced. The point systems helps, but it's easy to "over-do" a race/faction against a very different one. Nothing that a bit of trial & error (i mean; a couple of plays ) can't solve.
Remember that this is a game for friends, not for hi-competitive/min-maxing players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don;t think you can really mix EVERYTHING. Flying Lead, Fear and Faith, and some others are close enough to combine with SBH given some discussion and preparation. Basic things like shooting and combat have some significant differences. So, for example, if it is elves vs. modern navy, will you use the SBH or FL shooting rules?

There are other games like Battlesworn, Galleys & Galleons, Mighty Monsters, Swatters: Large Scale Bug Hunting Miniatures Rules, and Power Legion that might have some similarities but are mostly different from SBH. So, if you want to put godzilla in a game of SBH you might use some ideas from mighty monsters, but it would take some work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ries
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love All of Andrea's games, but Power Legion holds an extra special place in my heart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gacy
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this handy chart to indicate which versions fit better with each other:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yx7s8iDxHYr1gyduE3a1...

Hope it helps clear things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.