Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Broken wall tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi, just wandering. This has being bugging me since the KS; even suggested it during the KS, but I guess it never came a popular request.

Why in the name of Haven the broken wall tokens are broken on both side. I would LOVE to have one side broken and one intact.
the use? well, it would be pretty handy to block adjacent rooms or buildings instead to have to use a "unopenable" door.
you could transform a building into a very scary labyrinth ..
and I`m sure fan would find other cool utilities.

vs both side broken... guess it would be to prevent people from no able to see it from far what it means... but it would have being soooo easy to do.. made the "full wall" brown instead of white / grey background.. or something like that,...

again... just pondering.. wandering..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
chang_1910 wrote:
hi, just wandering. This has being bugging me since the KS; even suggested it during the KS, but I guess it never came a popular request.

Why in the name of Haven the broken wall tokens are broken on both side. I would LOVE to have one side broken and one intact.
the use? well, it would be pretty handy to block adjacent rooms or buildings instead to have to use a "unopenable" door.

vs both side broken... guess it would be to prevent people from no able to see it from far what it means... but it would have being soooo easy to do.. made the "full wall" brown instead of white / grey background.. or something like that,...

can you just take the token away?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhoDat wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:

no, the idea is to place the "full wall" where otherwise a "open door" is... most building when you placed them next to each other would be connected by open spaces; hence the only way to "isolate them" is by placing a door, but it would be cool if I could place a wall instead (making it an isolated building from the one next to it)

(sorry hope, now is more clear)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
WhoDat wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:

no, the idea is to place the "full wall" where otherwise a "open door" is... most building when you placed them next to each other would be connected by open spaces; hence the only way to "isolate them" is by placing a door, but it would be cool if I could place a wall instead (making it an isolated building from the one next to it)

If it's now a wall, instead of a door, how can you get in? If the idea is to have a custom mechanism to get in, then just make it a colored door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok. I`m really no explaining myself right OR no one else see / think this would be cool.

longagoigo wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:
WhoDat wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:

If it's now a wall, instead of a door, how can you get in? If the idea is to have a custom mechanism to get in, then just make it a colored door.

that`s the point. you don't! at least from that end, it would have doors on the other side. Sometimes when you place some tiles next to each other you dont have a way to put small building next to each other that don't communicate. you HAVE to make a big building.

It would be nice, to be able to put a back to back building that has no doors in between. imaging 2 building in crowded NYC, where the only "space" in between them is a foot or 2. Their walls are back to back, but you don't have doors communicating them.

This would create a sense of dead ends, which could turn quite dangerous in the right scenarios, specially with this many different abominations.

In modern zombicide I always used "colored doors" for this, and wrote something in the quest rules e.g. "purple door cant never be open"; but when I saw the wall token, VOILA! I though.

anyway... Tonight I made stickers to put on one side of the broken wall token.. so I`m all set. Guess others don't find this useful, no wonder the request never picked up lol.. I`m alone on this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HARAMBE
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mentioned putting the broken wall tokens next to each other. This made me think.
Its a miracle these buildings are still standing. The zombie apocalypse has been going on for quite some time and I'm sure the buildings are in disrepair. If the abomominotaur starts crashing through the walls and turning them into piles of rubble, how will it remain standing? Furthermore, how in Baldric's sweet name does he even FIT in the buildings. If that minotaur plowed through even one of those walls, I reckon that building would come crashing down, and kill everything inside. (bring on the custom tiles.) Just tryin to put some logic next to it mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo Heisenbrain
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
Please don't point that mouse at my face - it looks sharp ;-)
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
[...]

anyway... Tonight I made stickers to put on one side of the broken wall token.. so I`m all set. Guess others don't find this useful, no wonder the request never picked up lol.. I`m alone on this one

Never thought of this before, but its a good idea! You'd have many options more designing Quests.
Would you share those stickers in the file section? Thank you in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
$10 says we'll get rubble tokens in either s2 or s3.
Problems solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Griner
United States
Byron
Georgia
flag msg tools
Black Lantern Leslie Nielsen is going to tear out your heart for Necron!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenbrain wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:
[...]

Never thought of this before, but its a good idea! You'd have many options more designing Quests.

I second that. I'd love some of those.

For one mission I was planning, I was going to use the purple jail cells from Season 2 (Mainly the extras from the Extra Tile Pack) to block several doorways. Having actual "Walled Off" tokens that fit the environment would be better, in my honest opinion.

So you're not along on this, Chang! Can't wait to see these stickers of yours in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GForceTG79 wrote:
Heisenbrain wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:
[...]

I second that. I'd love some of those.

For one mission I was planning, I was going to use the purple jail cells from Season 2 (Mainly the extras from the Extra Tile Pack) to block several doorways. Having actual "Walled Off" tokens that fit the environment would be better, in my honest opinion.

So you're not along on this, Chang! Can't wait to see these stickers of yours in the files section.

exactly!
oh good, thanks guys, I was starting to believe I`m the only one that want to make this game super claustrophobic and "dead end, oh crap!" sensation LOL

I`m no pro doing stickers for homebrew tokens (just got into it) but sure I`ll upload them as soon as I`m off (just started my 5 days in a row night shift of work - meh!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
The only problem is as the player you know where the dead ends are.

It would be cool to have door tokens that when you flip them over you discover there is no passage that way and you are stuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladvonbounce wrote:
The only problem is as the player you know where the dead ends are.

It would be cool to have door tokens that when you flip them over you discover there is no passage that way and you are stuck.

That would make for some very interesting situations. Could be a good variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What we need is a special necro or abom that makes walls as it moves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
What we need is a special necro or abom that makes walls as it moves.

A map that changes as you play it!? Yikes! That's a great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.