Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, played my first two (solo) games tonight and I'm impressed. Really neat game and I bet it's even better played with two. I like the way the mechanics evoke a game narrative.

Regarding relief pitchers in the solo game, when a pitcher runs out of cards in the pitch deck, you finish out the at bat, with the pitcher automatically selecting the opposite of the ace pitch for every pitch. I take it this means the batter is getting his red and white abilities on every swing? If so, it's a nice way to model a pitcher who's out of gas.

Thanks for your time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Berger
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, when a pitcher runs out of pitch cards the batter gets both the red and white abilities.

I agree with you...great game both 2-player and solo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mullins
United States
Lincoln University
PA
flag msg tools
designer
It's always my turn.
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, an empty deck means the batter is right every time. Also not where the pitch is thrown for batters with location abilities, like Kapowski and Pinchback.

Before the next batter, you'd select a new pitcher according the the scenario rules, shuffle the pitcher deck, and fatigue 3 before the 1st pitch. (Missing from 1st edition rules)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.