4 Posts

Mayhem: Fantasy Mass Battles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of newbie questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Bennett
msg tools
Hi, I have a couple of questions after first reading and first game:

We have assumed a unit moving forward can move up to 45 degrees left or right within the front arc. I'm not referring to turning but maintaining facing and sliding forward and sides ways in the front arc. Is that correct or just us taking a rule from another ruleset?

The 'Advance' rule has a base cost of 1CP. Is that 1Cp for all 3 units that can advance or 1Cp per unit?

I'm sure more clarifications will arise as we play.

so far..........possibly the best fantasy battle game I've played

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanceyboy wrote:
Hi, I have a couple of questions after first reading and first game:

We have assumed a unit moving forward can move up to 45 degrees left or right within the front arc. I'm not referring to turning but maintaining facing and sliding forward and sides ways in the front arc. Is that correct or just us taking a rule from another ruleset?

The 'Advance' rule has a base cost of 1CP. Is that 1Cp for all 3 units that can advance or 1Cp per unit?

I'm sure more clarifications will arise as we play.

so far..........possibly the best fantasy battle game I've played

Hey Lance! Nice to hear that you're enjoying the game.

For movement a unit:
- may rotate on its center axis up to 90 degrees either before or after movement.
- must square-up when contacting an enemy
- may only move either forward, backward, or to the side/flank

The Advance rule Cp cost is for all 3 of the units.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other questions, and have fun causing MAYHEM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Bennett
msg tools
Hi Brent
so a unit cannot sideslip whilst going forward but would have to rotate, move and then end up with a different facing to the one they started with (I'm reading it as one rotation per move either at the start or the end)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lanceyboy wrote:
Hi Brent
so a unit cannot sideslip whilst going forward but would have to rotate, move and then end up with a different facing to the one they started with (I'm reading it as one rotation per move either at the start or the end)

Correct! To do more advanced maneuvers, you would have to spend Cp to move again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.