Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Milis
United Kingdom
Cranham
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I have this game on order along with the friends and 3's a magic no. expansions.
Should I just add it altogether and learn or just start with the core box and then add the other bits later on?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just start with the core game and add the expansions in when your familiar with the core set cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. The game does not need the expansions. Adding them in later also means you get to rediscover a game you'll have come to love and enjoy, so you basically get more bang for your buck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Francois
Belgium
Bruges
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep I agree with the above as well. Get a couple of games with the core set first than you'll enjoy adding the expansion even more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as everyone else. Play the base game with every faction until you are comfortable with them all, then add the expansions one at a time. Great game either way, solo or multiplayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Milis
United Kingdom
Cranham
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!!

I'm really looking forward to this one and I'll start with just the base game and go from there. It looks like a game with tonnes of depth and replay ability.

All the best!!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing to be aware of is that the deck arrangement rules have evolved as the series has progressed. If and when you do come to deck build, use the rules from the most current expansion (i.e. 3IAMN).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
One thing to be aware of is that the deck arrangement rules have evolved as the series has progressed. If and when you do come to deck build, use the rules from the most current expansion (i.e. 3IAMN).

Are you sure? In my copy they are the same... Maybe you have an older printing of the base game? In my copy also all the corrected cards were already there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my copy of Atlanteans it says to put the Common Cards from the Atlanteans in the Common card deck if playing with it.

In 3IAMN, onwards, it says if you are playing the standard game, you don't add any common cards from expansions to the common card deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.