Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night we have played Shipwrights OTNS, this time with the Townsfolk expansion. Spoiler: I'll never ever play it without the expansion any more.

For me, the expansion adds what we felt the game needs to run more smoothly and less aggressively. It tuns out that the expansion also adds a more "euro-game-style" gaming experience to Shipwrights. By saying "needs" I am not saying that the original base game lacks something in general. It really depends what kind of game play you are looking for.

I'll post more in the Shipwrights forum. I just came here to say that the expansion is a great addition to an already great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree Daniel, we always play with the Expansion now as it certainly adds something beneficial to the gameplay and enjoyment in my group's opinion.

(Just waiting for my KS Explorers and Runesaga games to arrive with the extra 16 cards for use with Shipwrights too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.