$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
$30.00
Regist Rálo
msg tools
mb
A Strike (or more) as "Flame" is in the "Operations".
Zoe's Player activate a Talent, then pay 3 Recuit Power to put out a Flame.
Objective say: "(Draw that Strike.)", Zoe's Talent say: Avoid first Strike.
That Strike put out, but doesn't drawn.

What's happen that Stike?
back to Operations?
to discarded strike pile?
maybe top of the strike deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules as written, you avoid drawing the Strike, so it stays where it is, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti Mäkäräinen
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would discard it.
The flame is put out, but doesn't damage Zoe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kezerk wrote:
I would discard it.
The flame is put out, but doesn't damage Zoe.

This is correct. The Strike gets discarded. (You "put it out" but Zoe avoids drawing it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly agree with the ruling thematically, but I hope this is one that appears in the FAQ as this doesn't match the rules as written. According to the rules, an avoided Strike is never drawn, so it can't possibly be discarded. Discarding the card would actually require you to Cancel the strike rather than Avoid it.

The ruling does cover all methods of avoiding Crew Strikes, not just Zoe's Talent, right?

Are there any other ways for you to draw Crew Strikes from a location other than the Crew Strike deck? Would this ruling cover those too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
I certainly agree with the ruling thematically, but I hope this is one that appears in the FAQ as this doesn't match the rules as written. According to the rules, an avoided Strike is never drawn, so it can't possibly be discarded. Discarding the card would actually require you to Cancel the strike rather than Avoid it.

The ruling does cover all methods of avoiding Crew Strikes, not just Zoe's Talent, right?

Are there any other ways for you to draw Crew Strikes from a location other than the Crew Strike deck? Would this ruling cover those too?

Great questions.

Yes, "Avoiding" a strike means you never draw it. But "Canceling" a strike is something you can do after you see what the result is. Since you'd be drawing a Flame-Strike blind, we're fine with players being able to pro-actively avoid it. (And in that case it gets discarded because you're getting credit for "putting it out".)

Yes, it covers all methods of avoiding Crew Strikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.