Subject: Am I doing something wrong with phase 2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pray for us!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a solo game last night, and after a few turns, I found myself always buying the cards for $3 as long as the card was worth more that $3. This was because you could sell them back for a profit. It was kind of a no brainer. Am I doing something wrong? What is to stop you from always buying a bunch of cards as long as you can sell them back for more? If that is the case, it seem to make that part of the game much less interesting.

Perhaps I am missing a rule about selling contracts as a standard action? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you sold back at 1card=1MC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
True Player for Real
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:
I thought you sold back at 1card=1MC

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would make a LOT more sense and will make the game a lot more fun. I interpreted the rule wrong when they said "discard any number of cards to get the same number of cash" I thought they were referring to the cost of playing the card.

Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu Fontaines
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magnus1515 wrote:
That would make a LOT more sense and will make the game a lot more fun. I interpreted the rule wrong when they said "discard any number of cards to get the same number of cash" I thought they were referring to the cost of playing the card.

Thank you very much!

Whow, you were sureley swimming in M€!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your games are going to get a lot harder now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel King
United States
Franklin
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klz_fc wrote:

Now you're still going to be buying all of the cards because they seem really good and cursing your inability to actually pay for them. At least that's what happens to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wkufan89 wrote:
klz_fc wrote:

Now you're still going to be buying all of the cards because they seem really good and cursing your inability to actually pay for them. At least that's what happens to me.

Are you saying I shouldn't be holding 6 cards in my hand that cost over 40 MC each when two of the game ending criteria are already fulfilled and the other is two steps from being completed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The game was not even that fun since I had so much cash. I knew I must have been doing something wrong. Thanks again for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John LaRuffa
United States
Hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So played it again and this time, I lost the solo with a score of 61. Much, much better experience when you play by the rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.