Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timmo Flynno
United States
Croydon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the sturdiest shelving in the world, but I used a couple of these for a few years, until I dug deeper into the wallet for Kallax Shelves. If you secure these to the wall, they're pretty good...

http://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay?mi_u=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, you get shelving where you can sometimes. I have deep wall bookshelf filled with games, a stack of milk crate type squares that belongs more in a dorm room than holding games, a shelf meant for a garage (which had wells in it that hold a deck box perfectly so that was an unintended bonus), and my kallax. Maybe if I move I will condense to all proper shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the find! It says the depth is just under 11.5 inches but I'm wondering if that is the true shelf depth. Do you find that square-box games fit nicely or would they hang over the edge a bit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found 11.5" will work but 15" deep is ideal.

I build my shelving units myself using this stuff.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Melamine-White-Shelf-Drilled-Boar...

Just can't go wider than 36" otherwise it starts to sag. But it is nice because you can go up to 8' tall with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Ophryon wrote:
Thanks for the find! It says the depth is just under 11.5 inches but I'm wondering if that is the true shelf depth. Do you find that square-box games fit nicely or would they hang over the edge a bit?

Those seem to be the same shelf as what I have at home now and I have the GMT Command & Colors games in (vertically) and they just come to the edge.

I do use Expedit/Kallax shelves in my game room rather than these however. Some benefits to open shelves, but they are shorter than some games that need more shelf depth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
If you're not in a hurry, the office supply stores (Staples, etc.) run pretty frequent sales on shelving and tend to offer sizeable coupons either directly (like with http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/coupons/?programId=14927839&m...) or through one of the coupon resale sites along with free shipping. Slickdeals is usually all over it when one of the "office furniture" sales starts.

I think the last time I bought shelves it was for two $60 retail shelves on sale for $35 each with a $20 off coupon and free overnight delivery. $50 for two big shelves delivered tomorrow is hard to argue with even if they're not always the nicest looking shelves in the world (subjective depending on how attractive you find the inside of Ikea to be).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankNBeans13 wrote:
I have found 11.5" will work but 15" deep is ideal.

I agree. I usually go with Office Depot Magellen cube bookcases when they're on sale but I have some wall-space that would look better with a shallower shelf. I've been looking for a happy medium. Thanks for the link to the drilled boards. I'll check them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gourmet Spirit
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
havoctimmo wrote:
Not the sturdiest shelving in the world, but I used a couple of these for a few years, until I dug deeper into the wallet for Kallax Shelves. If you secure these to the wall, they're pretty good...

http://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay?mi_u=...

Let Craigslist become your new best friend! We found a Kallax 5x5 for $50...and the guy was selling 5 or 6 sets of them...wine store that was moving, and that was the system he had been using to display/store his stock. This was several months ago in the Charlotte, NC area. Before that, we found a 4x4 for $40 and a 2x4 for $30...all in excellent condition!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
I will start looking for those. A few overpriced used ones in the DFW area just now, but I am sure deals do show up.

Taking them apart and putting them back together again is a pain, but is the best way to move the larger units in many cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.