7 Wonders Duel: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Statue of Liberty Wonder question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deyan Bogdanov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
Does anybody have an idea what the promo wonder for Pantheon does?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you seeing a promo Wonder for Pantheon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deyan Bogdanov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
http://preco.rprod.com/index.php Here at the preorder site
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dont know, but at least this one will be easier to get than the last one as it is also in the Asmoplay Kit from Asmodee, which also has metel coins and the silver conflict pawn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deyan Bogdanov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
So I asked the good people from Repos and this is what they told me about the effect: "When you build this wonder, you take the three discarded cards of the current age, you take one that you build for free, you give one to your opponent and he can build It for free and you discard the last one."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DeyanBB wrote:
So I asked the good people from Repos and this is what they told me about the effect: "When you build this wonder, you take the three discarded cards of the current age, you take one that you build for free, you give one to your opponent and he can build It for free and you discard the last one."

Thematic (France giving the Statue to the USA), but pretty bad. Having access to three cards you haven't seen doesn't seem worth giving one to the opponent when compared to the Mausoleum. Also, if you're playing without the Pantheon, what happens with the Guilds? Are they not taken into consideration?

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
DeyanBB wrote:
Thanks for digging!
Seems like a rather risky wonder ability, maybe it's balanced by VPs?
The resolution of the pre-order image is too low to discern a VP value.
Anyone else know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Z
msg tools
I haven't seen any pictures of this wonder (even low-res ones). What kind of symbol is supposed to represent that action??

Also, you can tell which cards you haven't seen yet, and those have to be in the box or the remaining face-down cards. So if you play this card near the end of an age, you know more or less what the three cards are (especially Age II since there are 6 face-up cards at the top of the card structure). I still think that it would usually be weaker than Mausoleum, but that depends because it's dealing with entirely separate cards (*box* vs. discard *pile*).

I would guess that "the three discarded cards" never includes Guilds or Grand Temples since otherwise there would be 7 (3 regular + 4 Guilds) or 5 (3 regular + 2 GTs) cards from the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.