Subject: Passing and end-game scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules, I have two small questions. Mostly asking to double-check if I understood them correctly.

First one: The first player to pass will be the first player in the next round. But you're not allowed to pass until you're out of Fomori or have no legal way to place them, right? So if you desperately want to go first next round (no idea if this will make sense while playing, but for the sake of the question), you should get as few Fomori as you can and then dump them ASAP, right?

Second one: In end game scoring, your discs, swords and shields count for one corruption or fame per three. Since you can't have more than three of these stored, that means these resources will amount to 0 or 1 fame/corruption and therefore should have minimal impact on end game scoring, right? Note that I'm purposefully disregarding the fact that tactics tiles also get added, since that doesn't really change the question itself.

Judging by the rules, this will be a very interesting game. Having two possible methods for end game scoring that are somewhat at odds with each other reminds me of The King Is Dead, where you also have to plan for different possible outcomes Just one more month before I can play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bienert
Germany
Gaimersheim
flag msg tools
publisher
Game's Up / Board Game Heroes
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

1. Question: check

2. Question: check

Greetings:

Ralph (Game's Up)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So is the castle trophy "just" to get rid of extra Fomori to pass quicker or it has some deeper meaning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bienert
Germany
Gaimersheim
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

using the Castle Trophy has two effects:

1. Quicker passing is possible (side effect)

2. Getting rid of unwanted Fomori which otherwise would have to be used contra-productive. There are constellations on the board, where you do not want to spread to many Fomori, as the victory condition "Least Corruption" otherwise becomes more probable and you do not aim at that.

Best

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Van 't veld
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you also use the castle trophy to remove fomori from another player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bienert
Germany
Gaimersheim
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

no, only up to three from your own Tribe Supply.

Regards

Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.