Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anybody know of any just dripping with theme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you wanting more of a pick up and deliver game, or a network building?

I don't know if Concordia is dripping with theme, but is the best trading network building game out there, especially with the Salsa expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't really know what I want, or if I want anything. It's just that I know there are many games alike this which people say have "pasted on" themes, so I was wondering what (if any) games of this type people thought I should look at to get an idea of a really thematic one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to think about it, but although it is not quite the answer to your question, if you want a thematic pick up and deliver game, check out Cinque Terre (its at least set in the Med). It gets overlooked a lot, and is a fantastic pick up and deliver game.

Maybe Warriors & Traders, but I have heard mixed reviews of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Serrenissima.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
For thematic renaissance it's probably going to be difficult to go past Pax Renaissance. It's not "trading" in the traditional sense (buy resources, sell for victory points), but trade plays a major part as you are a banking/trading house developing it's prestige through coronations, marriages, holy crusades, civil wars, peasant revolts, reformations, suzerainty, vassalage, trade concessions, piracy.... I haven't played it but based on the other pax games you can expect that the theme is off the scale in terms of both setting, with all the cards being grounded in historical detail, and mechanics/gameplay, which requires truly machiavellian manoeuvring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Randolph
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissellMissile wrote:
Are you wanting more of a pick up and deliver game, or a network building?

I don't know if Concordia is dripping with theme, but is the best trading network building game out there, especially with the Salsa expansion.

It is the best and I'd say there at least drop of theme in there somewhere, probably, maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.