Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I never thought I'd agree with comments about price gouging, but it's so obvious it's like... ebay or kijiji.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Kirkup
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Full disclosure, I'm the Board Games and Online Sales Manager at 401 Games. I deleted my initial comment as my intention was not to start a negative thread towards ANY retailer raising prices according to market demand. People are very interested in this title and if it were sold for any less someone would buy it out and flip it for much more. From what I can see these are some of the LAST copies , geekmarket listings are already at $100 USD. It's a game in the top 100 and may not be seeing a reprint in the foreseeable future. We constantly strive to have very competitive if not the best pricing but must adjust according to market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure if you go to an OJ dedicated website people are loosing their minds over OJ price increases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peony Gerochi
Canada
flag msg tools
DBKirkup wrote:
Full disclosure, I'm the Board Games and Online Sales Manager at 401 Games. I deleted my initial comment as my intention was not to start a negative thread towards ANY retailer raising prices according to market demand. People are very interested in this title and if it were sold for any less someone would buy it out and flip it for much more. From what I can see these are some of the LAST copies , geekmarket listings are already at $100 USD. It's a game in the top 100 and may not be seeing a reprint in the foreseeable future. We constantly strive to have very competitive if not the best pricing but must adjust according to market.

That’s just beyond ridiculous. What makes you a white knight for flipping it before others do? You're scalping all the same--you just have a business license for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
It's called supply and demand. Why should they sell it cheaper than everyone else is?

If you find yourself sitting on 30 copies of something that has suddenly became a rare and hard to get item, you're going to charge more for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
Canada
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are precisely as culpable for selling it for more as one is for wanting it more because it's going out of print--in other words, not at all. They didn't orchestrate the scarcity, and would have happily sold it to you at normal prices prior to the recent news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Garnet Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DBKirkup wrote:

Just limit the sales to one copy per address. Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Persin
Croatia
flag msg tools
bri4jenn wrote:
DBKirkup wrote:

Just limit the sales to one copy per address. Done.

Because one cannot tell to few of his buddies to buy copy for him? Apparently no one has friends here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.