Popular Tags: [View All]
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
I have a question about spotting.

Example:
I have a MG unit that has a fire range of "8". My MG unit is 6 hexes away from the enemy unit. The MG unit can not spot the enemy unit even though the enemy unit is in clear terrain. I have another infantry unit that is "1" hex away from the same enemy unit and he clearly spots the enemy.

1. My question is: Can i add the MG unit to the fire fight group even though the MG hasn't spotted the enemy unit?

2. My next question: If yes, i can add the MG, do i get a negative modifier for one of my units not spotting even though the other one has spotted?

3. My other question: If i had tanks instead of infantry and i was doing "P-FIRE", and one tank spotted and the other didn't could i group them together as well?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Forester
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) For an SFA yes, but if any unit can't spot the target there is a hefty malus.

2) Correct

3) You can't P-fire vs an unspotted target so no, you cant group them.

SFA is throwing fire at an area even though you can't see the targets. P-fires an precise fires at specific targets, meant to destroy, not suppress...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Stone
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
leeforester wrote:
1) For an SFA yes, but if any unit can't spot the target there is a hefty malus.

2) Correct

3) You can't P-fire vs an unspotted target so no, you cant group them.

SFA is throwing fire at an area even though you can't see the targets. P-fires an precise fires at specific targets, meant to destroy, not suppress...

Thank you Lee...

The rules are sticking now and i'm liking the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.