Subject: Dragon + Cataclysm = good? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlo Patek
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend wants for his birthday Cataclysm and he already has the Dragon expansion.

Are those two expansions good together?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ginn
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how helpful this reply is going to be, but I find Dragon to be the worst of all the expansions. I have all Talisman 4th Edition expansions and I was a playtester for Cataclysm. I love Cataclysm and I find it plays very well with all the other expansions, except Dragon. But not because the two don't mix specifically, just that Dragon doesn't mix with anything, IMHO.

Dragon just adds too much "other stuff" you have to do each turn. Especially when combined with the Reaper, Blood Moon and Harbinger, it just becomes too much and the board gets saturated with Dragon tokens.

That being said, if your friend really enjoys the Dragon expansion I'm sure he'll love combining it with Cataclysm. Now is a good time to get any and all expansions given FFG's recent split with Games Workshop; it could be a long time (if ever) before we see any more Talisman games being printed. Supply will go down and prices will go up.

Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kajo wrote:
A friend wants for his birthday Cataclysm and he already has the Dragon expansion.

Are those two expansions good together?

thanks

Yes, it is going to work fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Patek
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WapCaplet2001 wrote:
Not sure how helpful this reply is going to be, but I find Dragon to be the worst of all the expansions. I have all Talisman 4th Edition expansions and I was a playtester for Cataclysm. I love Cataclysm and I find it plays very well with all the other expansions, except Dragon. But not because the two don't mix specifically, just that Dragon doesn't mix with anything, IMHO.

Dragon just adds too much "other stuff" you have to do each turn. Especially when combined with the Reaper, Blood Moon and Harbinger, it just becomes too much and the board gets saturated with Dragon tokens.

That being said, if your friend really enjoys the Dragon expansion I'm sure he'll love combining it with Cataclysm. Now is a good time to get any and all expansions given FFG's recent split with Games Workshop; it could be a long time (if ever) before we see any more Talisman games being printed. Supply will go down and prices will go up.

Tom

Funny you mention that.
My 3 friends combined have: Dragon, Reaper, Harbinger and the City

I think they like messy boards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.