Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the box says "30 cat counters".

My question: will this be 30 different pictures of cats? Or just 10 or 15 different cats?
I love the illustrations!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give me ALL the cats! I love the one that's sitting and looking up at "you". Very cute, and a nice variation with the rest of them (of what we've seen so far) being in napping poses.

(love the kitty butt wiggle theme you have going on, haha)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me first say that I love all creatures and wish all cat lovers the best of times with their pets. However I am extremely allergic to cats. Like put me in the hospital if I'm around them or go into someone's house that has them so I naturally have a fear and loathing when I see them. Even seeing them in this game makes me cringe and on some sub-conscious level makes me want to avoid the game. Which really sucks because I adore Patchwork and really want this game as well but I know whenever I play it I will feel awkward. I wish it would have been squirrels or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spielwiese Berlin
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will only be the 5 cats I already posted. Though I would have loved to have 30 different ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Boardgamescafe wrote:
There will only be the 5 cats I already posted. Though I would have loved to have 30 different ones.

Rabbit/squirrel alt-tile expansion in the works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:
Let me first say that I love all creatures and wish all cat lovers the best of times with their pets. However I am extremely allergic to cats. Like put me in the hospital if I'm around them or go into someone's house that has them so I naturally have a fear and loathing when I see them. Even seeing them in this game makes me cringe and on some sub-conscious level makes me want to avoid the game. Which really sucks because I adore Patchwork and really want this game as well but I know whenever I play it I will feel awkward. I wish it would have been squirrels or something.

I've read they will be using real cat hair for the illustrations so yeah stay away from the game if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:

How do you feel about Exploding Kittens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Are the cats thematically well integrated into the game? Killing small rodents and birds and burying their ***t in the flower bed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trakes wrote:

So make it squirrels... or raccoons or ferrets! You should not have to not play a game because of one marker- that can be easily changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
My Blog - Shades Of Boardgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
trakes wrote:

So make it squirrels... or raccoons or ferrets! You should not have to not play a game because of one marker- that can be easily changed.

1st. That is terrible to hear that you got such a physical reaction towards cats. I only have this vs. specific plants and this is horrible when these bloom. SO all the best for you there.

2nd. If you have someone who can change the counters you can use any counter available in your games. Buttons from Patchwork, mices from Mhhh, etc.

Have a great day!
Peat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
I've read they will be using real cat hair for the illustrations so yeah stay away from the game if possible.

This gave me a chuckle! It's not possible . I'll definitely be buying the game. I may be crazy but I'll not be avoiding the game due to the way I feel about cats. Thanks for all of the sympathy for my allergies! Hadn't thought about alternate tokens. I'd love to see some promo rabbits or squirrels to replace the cats. I'd definitely buy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
trakes wrote:

And what about hedgehogs, we have some living in our backyard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hawkins
United Kingdom
Willingham
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kolok wrote:
And what about hedgehogs, we have some living in our backyard

Hedgehogs are fine (but very noisy), just be content you don't have any badgers, huge destructive bruisers that you cant do ANYTHING* about

* Badgers are completely protected by law here in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Castermans
Belgium
Lanaken
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the idea of squirrels and hedgehogs.
I've an allergy for cats Something i don't have with horses, dogs, chickens, ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.