Fields of Green» Forums » Rules

Subject: Refilling watertowers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tony crunch
msg tools
Hello everyone

I have a question about refilling watertowers

Is it possible to refill existing watertowers ? The rulebook states that you can build a new watertower as one of four possible actions. But can you also refill a existing watertower instead of building a new one ? So when you "sacrifice" a card, instead of paying 2 gold and get a new watertower, you may place 3 watertokens on a existing watertower. And if so, can you divide the watertokens on different existing watertowers ?

Many thanks
Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember all players get 2 water at the start of each year (along with 1 food and 3 coins) that they may place in any water tower with available storage, so you can refill that way.

I would also not be surprised if there are cards or equipment that refill water towers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony crunch
msg tools
garry_rice wrote:
Remember all players get 2 water at the start of each year (along with 1 food and 3 coins) that they may place in any water tower with available storage, so you can refill that way.

I would also not be surprised if there are cards or equipment that refill water towers.

Thanks for your reply

But like rahdo said in his runthrough, the 2 water you get at the start of your turn will perhaps not be enough to keep all your fields flowing in later turns. But lets hope you get the right equipment when you need it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, most certainly...need to use it wisely for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Normally" the only way to refill a water tower is by using the 2 free water at the beginning of your turn. When taking the Build Water Tower action you can't refill an existing one - you have to place a new Water Tower in your Farm.

That said. as mentioned above, there is a lot of Equipment that allows you to add water to existing Water Towers. There are even Constructions that do this (both of which make it a good incentive to draw more yellow cards at the beginning of the round if you are in need of water).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony crunch
msg tools
Thanks Vengelis for answering my question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
There will also be a "Heavy Rain" event card (I believe) for those that will have events, no idea if everybody will or not.

But then there is also a "Drought" event card too, so watch out for that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do advanced watertowers also enter play full? I suppose not but let's ask just to be sure
edit: nevermind my question, found the answer on the KS-page: advanced water towers come fully loaded!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Normann Nielsen
Denmark
Randers C
flag msg tools
A quick question: Must the two water tokens you get at the start of each year be placed on the same water tower or can I choose a different water tower for each token?

The rules say "The Water tokens must be placed on a Water Tower in your farm." which in my opinion sounds like they must both be placed on the same tower, but I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can spread them on 2 different water towers if you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.