Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 2 games of Inns and Cathedrals

1st Game - Jerry, JP, and Greg

This was this first game of Carcasonne that Greg has played. The best thing about this game is that it is very easy to learn. Greg had no problem; he was a bit fuzzy on the farms, but with a little help, we let him know when the times to play a farmer were most advantageous. Greg also learned quickly how to hinder other players as well; he played a cathedral on one of my cities, and just as I was coming close to closing it, he kept expanding it...bottom line - a possible 39 point city turned into no points since I could not finish it. Oddly enough, JP and I had plenty of points from the farms, but it was not enough to catch Greg. Winner - Greg.

2nd Game - Jerry, JP, Greg, and Jeff

From the start, JP and I were dueling over control of the big farm angry. One thing about the river expansion - it does a nice job of opening the board, but it also creates very large farms. Jeff and Greg kept completing roads and cities while JP committed 5 farmers, and I committed 3 plus my big meeple. In the end, JP got 24 points from his farms , Jeff got 4 points, Greg got 8 points, while I got 56 points from mine. The big farm yielded a whopping 40 points for me and my 3 farmers in it, canceling JP's 2 and Jeff's 1 in the same field. I also hit one of JP's unfinished roads with an Inn on the last tile to prevent him getting points for that as well.
Winner - Jerry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.