$30.00
Ryan Long
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
So last night I opened my copy of Gravwell and much to my chagrin 3 or 4 of the ships were broken from their stands. We played anyway because whatever but man, that must be some brittle plastic! Anyways, I've already contacted Renegade Games about the issue (waiting on response) and I imagine they will send me some replacements as they seem like a great company. Not worried about that.

I see some people have upgraded the ships that come with the game! I don't know why but this never occurred to me until I saw those broken pieces. Now my mind is racing with ideas. I could use some of the ships from Xia as that does not seem to hit the table very much (though maybe with the new expansion it will). Then I thought why not 3d print some ships at the local library and paint em up! So am likely going to do that. Liking the quality and quantity of the ships from the EVE online universe.

Don't really have a question. Just wanted to post this such that other players will think 'upgrade ships' long before I did.

Unless anyone has some good ship ideas? I want something ultra detailed, like the Xia ships.

Addendum: I have played the game many times, just got my own copy last night

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice idea. I had the same issue and got sent new ones right away, the irony being that I still ended up having one broken ship as the second batch also got damaged!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Long
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oh geez! Well Ill cross my fingers I guess! Best I can do.

Actually the guy who made Xia (Cody) has put the STL files from Xia for public download so I grabbed em. Get em printed off at my local library for 30 cents a piece and paint em up and voila! Steal a base or 4 from Xia and bam!

Renegade has already contacted me and said they are sending me new ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james howlett
msg tools
mbmbmb
I replaced mine with Star Wars miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Erickson
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
publisher
Covert Spy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to hear that you have already gotten in touch with the right contact at Renegade to fix your issue.

I did want to mention that we are working on a reprint and have a good solution for the minis. We determined that the quality of the plastic was not too much of an issue but that the deck of cards was smashing around in the box during transport. This was the main cause of damage. So, we have a plastic insert for the next printing that should resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

-Sara Erickson
Director of Sales and Marketing
Renegade Game Studios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toshirauma wrote:
I'm glad to hear that you have already gotten in touch with the right contact at Renegade to fix your issue.

I did want to mention that we are working on a reprint and have a good solution for the minis. We determined that the quality of the plastic was not too much of an issue but that the deck of cards was smashing around in the box during transport. This was the main cause of damage. So, we have a plastic insert for the next printing that should resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

-Sara Erickson
Director of Sales and Marketing
Renegade Game Studios

Still waiting for the Captain's Orders...come on already! I want to play with 6 cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Gaeta
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
@playrenegade on Twitter
badge
@scottgaeta on Twitter
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion is in development now and will release in 2017. The new alien ships look super cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.