Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Cuba for the 1st time today and had a few rather silly questions:

1. How many resources can you store in a warehouse?- Max limit
2. You can only transfer products (octahedrons) from lot to warehouse by using foreman (correct?)?
3. Why would someone need 2 warehouses?
4. Only 2 bills get passed and hence the other 2 remain as the old one and still in effect?
5. The 6 black markers are for the 6 spots on the board (2/ character)...right?- This can be used by one player once/ round- so in a 3P game max of 3 times...so the other 3 remain unused....

Thanks for the guidance...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Cleland
Australia
Baulkham Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
But what do I spend it all on?
badge
Ohhh... G4GG!
mbmbmbmbmb
madhujith wrote:
Played Cuba for the 1st time today and had a few rather silly questions:

I expect there's no such thing as a silly question, but let's see

1. How many resources can you store in a warehouse?- Max limit
Unlimited capacity.

2. You can only transfer products (octahedrons) from lot to warehouse by using foreman (correct?)?
Correct. Your foreman either activates any single building, or all buildings in your worker's row and column - the pre-printed warehouse is just a regular building.

3. Why would someone need 2 warehouses?
If they have a good row/column line-up that misses their initial warehouse, they might want to put a warehouse somewhere it can be used more often.

4. Only 2 bills get passed and hence the other 2 remain as the old one and still in effect?
That's right. I've played 2 memorable games where 1 bill was simply so successful for a player that they devoted all their energy to holding political power - just so that one bill remained for the rest of the game.

5. The 6 black markers are for the 6 spots on the board (2/ character)...right?- This can be used by one player once/ round- so in a 3P game max of 3 times...so the other 3 remain unused....
There's no limit on how often a single player can opt for the alternative power (black marker) - it's a serviceable second option, but not generally so powerful. The important point is that each alternative can only be used once - ie: if someone's already taken 1 resource from the marketplace then the next person to use that secondary power has to take a product. 1 player could at most use 3 such secondary powers in a round if they wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.