Subject: noob questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi! i've purchased this promising game one day ago, but i'm reading the living rules from several days, but anyway... i'm confused about some stuff.

1. when i choose a character (star) to start to play, i read that he/she receives 1 item for each Rep point. but... how many weapons? and can i choose this weapons?

2. in a activation, all members of the group activate simultaneously. right? then, if a group (2 characters) is out of sight from another group, i can move all of them to appear at same time and surprise the another group? or the first character in sight triggers the "in sight test" (meanwhile the others wait to resolve this to get in sight, later)?

3. my star character shoots over a npc (npc1), another member of my group shoots over another npc (npc2), in the same activation. npc2 can see the npc1. i resolve first the attack from my star, and kill the npc1 (well, oof, to tell you the true). does the npc2 take the reaction test for man down? or, if combat is simultaneus, the npc2 suffer the attack first? if that shoot fails, what test must be taken (reaction for received fire or man down).

4. i saw in a previous review a map issue [thread=https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1503486/how-does-it-fee...][/thread]. maps didn't fit exactly, but replacement was available (at least, in that moment). mine are as his maps. no problem if i set them with words (urban, rural, suburban) in the same direction, but if i rotate one of them... well, same look as the picture in the review.

5. if a LOS goes through the line between 2 hexes (in the same direction), one of them is rough or build hex, and another is clear, is the LOS blocked (the hex side is considered rough/build)? or is not blocked(the hex side is considered clear)?

i'm afraid more doubts will arise. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
calpurnio1973 wrote:
hi! i've purchased this promising game one day ago, but i'm reading the living rules from several days, but anyway... i'm confused about some stuff.

No worries.

1. when i choose a character (star) to start to play, i read that he/she receives 1 item for each Rep point. but... how many weapons? and can i choose this weapons? Yep, just choose your weapons. Those used with one hand (pistol, etc) counts as 1 item. Those used with 2 (Rifle, etc.) count as 2 Items.

2. in a activation, all members of the group activate simultaneously. right? Right. then, if a group (2 characters) is out of sight from another group, i can move all of them to appear at same time and surprise the another group? or the first character in sight triggers the "in sight test" (meanwhile the others wait to resolve this to get in sight, later)? Move each group individually. But you could move one group into contact with another - becoming one group - and continue to move.

3. my star character shoots over a npc (npc1), another member of my group shoots over another npc (npc2), in the same activation. npc2 can see the npc1. i resolve first the attack from my star, and kill the npc1 (well, oof, to tell you the true). does the npc2 take the reaction test for man down? or, if combat is simultaneus, the npc2 suffer the attack first? if that shoot fails, what test must be taken (reaction for received fire or man down).Yep, combaty is simultaneous so after all shooting and melee is over, the tests are taken,

4. i saw in a previous review a map issue [thread=https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1503486/how-does-it-fee...][/thread]. maps didn't fit exactly, but replacement was available (at least, in that moment). mine are as his maps. no problem if i set them with words (urban, rural, suburban) in the same direction, but if i rotate one of them... well, same look as the picture in the review. Contact LnL for informationn on that.

5. if a LOS goes through the line between 2 hexes (in the same direction), one of them is rough or build hex, and another is clear, is the LOS blocked (the hex side is considered rough/build)? or is not blocked(the hex side is considered clear)? I'd call it clear as you're not going through the center dot.

i'm afraid more doubts will arise. thanks! No probel, ask as they come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az_sunsets73 wrote:
calpurnio1973 wrote:

5. if a LOS goes through the line between 2 hexes (in the same direction), one of them is rough or build hex, and another is clear, is the LOS blocked (the hex side is considered rough/build)? or is not blocked(the hex side is considered clear)? I'd call it clear as you're not going through the center dot.

sorry, but now, i'm more confused whistle

probably i haven't known how to explain the situation. let's go with images.

my doubt was if there is a unblocked LOS from A to B.

but if the center of the hex is the key, then... are there unblocked LOS from A to C, or from A to D? (it's hard to believe)

az_sunsets73 wrote:
calpurnio1973 wrote:

2. in a activation, all members of the group activate simultaneously. right? Right. then, if a group (2 characters) is out of sight from another group, i can move all of them to appear at same time and surprise the another group? or the first character in sight triggers the "in sight test" (meanwhile the others wait to resolve this to get in sight, later)? Move each group individually. But you could move one group into contact with another - becoming one group - and continue to move.

just to clarify, can the move be made like this?:

Jimmie has made moves A, B and C meanwhile Too Tall waits, and later, Jimmie and Too Tall take simultaneously the move D and get LOS to the Enemy at same time.

6. new question. clarification too. in a ranged combat, each hit has its own roll in the damage table? or just one roll (regardless of amount of hits)?

thanks again. you're very kind for resolving all doubts posted in bgg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
calpurnio1973 wrote:
az_sunsets73 wrote:
calpurnio1973 wrote:

sorry, but now, i'm more confused :whistle:

No worries, I wasn't clear. The dot in the center defines the hex. When shooting along a hex side and there are two types of terrain - like in this case - I take the clear terrain.

probably i haven't known how to explain the situation. let's go with images.

my doubt was if there is a unblocked LOS from A to B.

but if the center of the hex is the key, then... are there unblocked LOS from A to C, or from A to D? (it's hard to believe) No, as the dots on the hexes define them as woods between the two characters.

az_sunsets73 wrote:
calpurnio1973 wrote:

just to clarify, can the move be made like this?:

Jimmie has made moves A, B and C meanwhile Too Tall waits, and later, Jimmie and Too Tall take simultaneously the move D and get LOS to the Enemy at same time. Correct, as Too Tall joined Jimmy. The key is that no character can exceed their movement. So if Jimmy had moved his full distance, they shot, and Too Tall had left over movement, she could leave Jimmy and continue on.

6. new question. clarification too. in a ranged combat, each hit has its own roll in the damage table? or just one roll (regardless of amount of hits)? Each hit each damage roll.

thanks again. you're very kind for resolving all doubts posted in bgg.No worries. This is what I do for a living.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
more questions:

7. there are items that they remain in character card after be used, but no all of them. it's said that medical kit can be reused (15.0.2), but, what about grenades/rpg? and ammo counter?

8. clarification needed at this point: if i enter in a building, the event card i draw, is used for establish the amount of zombies/human found, and same card for search purposes? or another card?

9. if a weapon is out of ammo with getting two "1" results on dice, how can a pistol get out of ammo, if it only has a fire dice?

10. i've read in several threads that the amount of npc counters is not a issue because only 2 can be found. but... just now i've encountered 2 gangers while there are another 2 gangers in the map (from a previous encounter), and my character is a survivor, so, i think the gangers are represented by generic npc counters. it's probably i made a mistake, but i has not enough ganger counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
calpurnio1973 wrote:
more questions:

7. there are items that they remain in character card after be used, but no all of them. it's said that medical kit can be reused (15.0.2), but, what about grenades/rpg? and ammo counter? It's one grenade and cannot be used more than once. 10.0.1 says grenade is thrown. RPG can be fired so use multiple times. 15.0.1 using one ammo counter reloads, and it's good only once.

8. clarification needed at this point: if i enter in a building, the event card i draw, is used for establish the amount of zombies/human found, and same card for search purposes? or another card? 2.3.2.2 How Used. Example shows what you find and says what you get after you eliminate any enemies.

9. if a weapon is out of ammo with getting two "1" results on dice, how can a pistol get out of ammo, if it only has a fire dice? Never can. The trade off it's not very good.

10. i've read in several threads that the amount of npc counters is not a issue because only 2 can be found. but... just now i've encountered 2 gangers while there are another 2 gangers in the map (from a previous encounter), and my character is a survivor, so, i think the gangers are represented by generic npc counters. it's probably i made a mistake, but i has not enough ganger counters.NPCs should be removed after they have interacted with the players. otherwise, you spend too much time playing the NPCs instead of the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az_sunsets73 wrote:
calpurnio1973 wrote:

10. i've read in several threads that the amount of npc counters is not a issue because only 2 can be found. but... just now i've encountered 2 gangers while there are another 2 gangers in the map (from a previous encounter), and my character is a survivor, so, i think the gangers are represented by generic npc counters. it's probably i made a mistake, but i has not enough ganger counters.NPCs should be removed after they have interacted with the players. otherwise, you spend too much time playing the NPCs instead of the players.

thanks. this make sense. until now, that first group of gangers, entrenched in a building, has been killing a lot of zombies. i think i will miss them... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.