$20.00
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/2...

He reminds me so much of most of the conservatives here on RSP, I guess that is why they are all voting for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:

He reminds me so much of most of the conservatives here on RSP, I guess that is why they are all voting for him.

Well, the Clinton campaign did originate the question.
Trump did say that Obama wasn't born in the US.

You know what Trump should have said that you guys would have LOVED?

"What difference at this point does it make?!?!?!?!?!??!"

You ate that shit up didn't you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So are we to take it then that if supporter of a candidate says something, that means the candidate says it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
sfox wrote:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/sep/...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
All this crazy shit about Trump for President started with the whole birther thing. Maybe it's only fitting it ends with it ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
sfox wrote:

That looks like a pretty legit site...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
So are we to take it then that if supporter of a candidate says something, that means the candidate says it?

That is a road the conservatives on RSP definitely don't want to go down considering what Trump's supporters have said and done. Of course, they won't back down as they have to defend their candidate at all costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
myopia wrote:
All this crazy shit about Trump for President started with the whole birther thing. Maybe it's only fitting it ends with it ...

Maybe, I don't think it matters that Trump has finally admitted that Obama is a US citizen. His supporters here on RSP and elsewhere will continue to make the claim I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

Only if they are a Republican.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
sfox wrote:

That looks like a pretty legit site...

More hypocrisy from TheDashi, he uses information from politifact when it supports his opinion and then calls it a biased site when it doesn't. The information on politifact, in my opinion, is pretty good. I wouldn't call them 100% accurate, but they are one of the less biased major political sites on the internet. They have corrected plenty of statements from both Republicans and Democrats which makes the site clearly far better than any source I've ever seen used by the Trump supporters here on RSP. Criticising the site because Republicans make more claims that are complete bullshit isn't really fair, as that is the entire point of the site, to address lies and distortions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

TheDashi wrote:
sfox wrote:

Nope, although it's been alleged that a fringe Clinton supporter had raised the question of Obama's birthplace, no one in the 2008 Clinton campaign was the originator of Birtherism.

> Excerpt from the Politico.com feature story by Ben Smith and Byron Tau entitled:

Birtherism: Where It All Began

The original smear against Obama was that he was a crypto-Muslim and was floated in 2004 by perennial Illinois political candidate and serial litigant Andy Martin. Other related versions of this theory alleged that Obama was educated in an Indonesian madrassa or steeped in Islamist ideology from a young age, and the theories began to spread virally after Obama appeared on the national stage – to the casual observer, from nowhere – with his early 2007 Presidential campaign announcement.

To read more of that story, check out the following clickable news-story link: Birtherism: Where It All Began

The real mother of Birtherism is Orly Taitz, the female counterpart of Birtherism's father, Donald Trump.

> Excerpts from the Wikipedia entry about Orly Taitz supplemented with interviews:

Orly Taitz alleges that President Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as President. She claims he was born in Kenya and that he falsified his Selective Service papers and his application to the Illinois bar.

"I believe [Obama] is the most dangerous thing one can imagine, in that he represents radical communism and radical Islam: He was born and raised in radical Islam, all of his associations are with radical Islam, and he was groomed in the environment of the dirty Chicago mafia. Can there be anything scarier than that?" -- Orly Taitz

Taitz has made other Obama-related claims, including:

A number of homosexuals from Obama's former church have died mysteriously.

Obama has dozens of Social Security numbers, and his passport is inaccurate. Taitz claims that a person who was cooperating with the FBI in connection with Obama's passport died mysteriously, "shot in the head".

A Kenyan birth certificate with the name "Barack Obama" is authentic.

Obama's first act as President was to donate money to the terrorist group Hamas, which she claims will be used to build Qassam rockets.

Obama, or someone connected to him, allegedly has made threats to Taitz's life and vandalized her car.

Obama is having the Federal Emergency Management Agency build internment camps for "Anti-Obama dissidents".

Osama bin Laden was killed years ago, with his body kept on ice, and the announcement of his death was timed to divert attention from an upcoming court case she is litigating challenging Obama's citizenship.

Sandy Hook, New Jersey elementary-school shooting: "Was Adam Lanza drugged and hypnotized by his handlers to make him into a killing machine as an excuse as the regime is itching to take all means of self defense from the populace before the economic collapse?"

Orly Taitz has also supported a number of other theories not directly related to Obama, including:

Goldman Sachs runs the United States Treasury.

Baxter International has developed a bird flu vaccine that kills people.

Representative Alcee Hastings and the House of Representatives are planning to build at least six labor camps.

Hugo Chávez owns the software that runs American voting machines.

FactCheck is untrustworthy because of its links to the Annenberg Foundation.

Taitz had also stated that former 2016 Republican Presidential candidates Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, and Bobby Jindal were not natural-born citizens and therefore were ineligible for the office they sought.

TheDashi wrote:
Trump did say that Obama wasn't born in the U.S.

Only, that's NOT ALL that Trump said. Back in 2011, Trump also said that the detectives he'd hired had come up with some very revealing stuff -- only, Trump refused to disclose what they'd learned that was so revealing.

Are we now to conclude that Trump's detectives found out back then that Obama was a U.S. citizen and that Trump himself simply didn't want to release that disclosure and that he knew all along that Obama was a U.S. citizen even while he himself continued to raise questions about both Obama's birth certificate and religion?

TheDashi wrote:

You ate that shit up, didn't you?

Yes indeed, because of Trump's direct allegations and none-too-subtle innuendos about Obama's birth certificate and religion over the past 6 years, Trump's supporters did indeed eat it up because 59% of Trump supporters don't believe Obama is an American citizen and even more of them believe Obama to be Muslim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

That is a road the conservatives on RSP definitely don't want to go down considering what Trump's supporters have said and done. Of course, they won't back down as they have to defend their candidate at all costs.
That is of course my point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Only if they are a Republican.
I am asking you if you think it is acceptable, not if the other side did it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Uh, no.

I know this type of thing typically works for you and your buddy Trump, but around here all this response gets you is that I will acknowledge that you have conceded my point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McMurray

Chickopee
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More amber-colored douche liquid from the OrangeMan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Hillary did start it (she didn't) then is Trump just admitting he isn't as smart as Hillary and that she duped him into advancing the story for 4 years? Talk about a rube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area / Currently I sponsor gaming groups in Monroe & Alexandria, LA.
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump's Birther Lies Pile Up

> Excerpts from the September 16, 2016 Right Wing Watch news story by Miranda Blue entitled:

Trump's Birther Lies Pile Up

Yesterday, after Donald Trump refused to tell The Washington Post whether he believes President Obama was born in the United States, his campaign released a statement ludicrously claiming that Hillary Clinton started the birther conspiracy theory and boasting that Trump "brought this ugly incident to its conclusion” by forcing Obama to release his long-form birth certificate in 2011.

“Having successfully obtained President Obama's birth certificate when others could not, Mr. Trump believes that President Obama was born in the United States,” concluded the statement from Trump’s communications adviser Jason Miller.

Trump is now set to deliver remarks addressing the birther issue this morning, which we can expect will repeat some of these same lies.

Trump may pretend, as his campaign has insisted, that he gave up birtherism after Obama made his birth certificate public. That claim is easily disprovable.

As recently as January, Trump was fanning the flames of birtherism, answering a question from CNN on the president’s birthplace: "Who knows? Who cares right now? We're talking about something else, okay?”

“I mean, I have my own theory on Obama. Someday I'll write a book,” he added. “I'll do another book. It'll do very successfully.”

In 2014, Trump said: “Either it’s fine, or he was born in Kenya, or, in my opinion there’s a very good chance he was born here and said he was born in Kenya. Because if you were born in Kenya, you got into colleges and you got aid. Very simple.”

Then there was the time in 2013 when he insinuated on Twitter that the death of a Hawaii health official in a plane crash was related to a cover up of the facts surrounding Obama’s birth:

In a December 12, 2013 Tweet, Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump wrote:

How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama’s “birth certificate” died in plane crash today. All others lived.

But even if Trump had given up Birtherism in 2011, that still wouldn’t exonerate him from having been a key driver of the racist myth. Trump taking credit for bringing Birtherism to its “conclusion” is like an arsonist wanting thanks for a fire he started.

As Brian Tashman of Right Wing Watch wrote recently:

Brian Tashman wrote:

For years, Trump has suggested that President Obama fabricated his birth certificate in order to be eligible to run for president. As evidence of this, he has cited the work of Maricopa County, Arizona, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, “Israeli Science,” the conspiracy theory clearinghouse WorldNetDaily and an unnamed “extremely credible source.”

Trump has falsely claimed that the president spent millions of dollars “to keep this quiet” and wrongly suggested that the president’s grandmother confessed to witnessing his birth in Kenya.

“He cannot give a birth certificate,” he told radio host Laura Ingraham in 2011. He added: “He doesn’t have a birth certificate or, if he does, there’s something on that certificate that is very bad for him. Now somebody told me, and I have no idea whether this is bad for him or not but perhaps it would be, that where it says ‘religion’ it might have ‘Muslim,’ and if you’re a Muslim, you don’t change your religion by the way, but somebody said, ‘Maybe that’s the reason he doesn’t want to show it.’ I don’t think so. I just don’t think he has a birth certificate and everybody has a birth certificate.”

As well as being a leading proponent of the racist birther conspiracy theory, Trump doesn’t seem to have met any conspiracy theory about Obama that he isn’t willing to entertain. He has speculated that Bill Ayers wrote Obama’s book “Dreams From My Father”; that Obama never attended Columbia University; that Obama is secretly Muslim; and that Obama's wedding ring has an “Arabic inscription” on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
sfox wrote:

Little old fact checking.

Is it supposed to taste anything like the crow you just ate D?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
sfox wrote:

So, let's see. Someone who allegedly was a supporter of Clinton in 2007 let go a tweet or some such message to question the birth location. Clinton herself never raised the issue nor publicly supported the notion during the last 9 years.

Obama releases his long form birth certificate in April 2011 AFTER which Trump claimed it was a fraud based on an anonymous but "expert" source and encouraged anyone and everyone to purse the issue for the next several years. This was a well know cause celebre of Trump and popular opinion supporting his birther movement rested rather solidly among his GOP followers.

So, was the spark created years ago by a Hillary supporter? Maybe. However, Trump has dedicated years to feeding in the tinder and stoking the flames. Wonder what evidence he found to actually cause his public 180 degree reversal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking that the particular location of one's birth is somehow so fundamental to a person's life that it would otherwise disqualify an otherwise qualified candidate is another ridiculous aspect of the religion of the state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
Thinking that the particular location of one's birth is somehow so fundamental to a person's life that it would otherwise disqualify an otherwise qualified candidate is another ridiculous aspect of the religion of the state.

I'd get rid of the natural-born thing and let any citizen (aged 35 or older) be eligible to be president. This isn't 1783; we're not worried about a foreign power imposing a head of state on us.

Wait, what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
sfox wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Uh, no.

I know this type of thing typically works for you and your buddy Trump, . . .

My "buddy Trump"?

You know, the guy you rush to defend at every opportunity but definitely-for sure aren't voting for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wonder when Trump will be making that $5 (or $50) million dollar donation to charity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
LightRider wrote:

I'd get rid of the natural-born thing and let any citizen (aged 35 or older) be eligible to be president. This isn't 1783; we're not worried about a foreign power imposing a head of state on us.

Wait, what?

How is it an imposition if only the citizens get to choose? What makes being born on one piece of land more special than being born on another? Isn't place of birth one of the least relevant things in a person's life? It's just an accident that they had no control over or say in. Why punish or reward an individual for something their mother did? It's all very superstitious and hence religious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flamespeak wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
sfox wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Uh, no.

I know this type of thing typically works for you and your buddy Trump, . . .

My "buddy Trump"? :what:

I feel you. The concept of hating both and wanting them both to fail utterly is lost on people so when they see you be critical of something on one side or the other they fly into a defensive mode.

Makes me wonder why though when their political candidate would easily step over the corpses of the defenders family and break wind in their face if won them a swing state.
We do not see him being critical of the other.

Clinton accusation "Rumor has it Clinton kicks kitten": Drew, "how can you support Clinton?"

Trump fact "He has been paid money by Russian agent": Drew "so has Clinton".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.