Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Joe says...Be nice today!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason this game can't play with 5 or 6 players? Has t been playtested with more than 4?

A friend and I are considering buying an 2nd copy, airbrushing the tokens with differnent colors for 5th 6th players and using the base card deck for each.

Maybe drop some duplicate cards too in the deck, or adding a 4th card for grabs after painting a die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Medeiros
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest problem with playing with more players would be that it exacerbates the problem of a player getting 'picked on'. Imagine this scenario: player 1 is attacked by player 2, revealing they have no cards to defend (because they let their spy die).

Then player 3 attacks them, then player 4... In this situation, player 1 is feeling pretty bad.

I have an idea but I have not tested it much yet. The idea is to introduce a token called Immunity, or something perhaps more clever. The Immunity token is granted to an agency whenever they lose an agent. This makes them invincible to further attacks. An agency holding the Immunity token may not have their agents attacked. Whenever an agency loses an agent, they claim this token. In this way, you remove the punishing situation described above. If you try this out, please let me know! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
Joe says...Be nice today!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for responding Cole, I'll certainly try this if we go ahead with buying another copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.