Hide
12 Posts

Days of Ire: Budapest 1956» Forums » General

Subject: Card Sleeve Specifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J H
msg tools
What size card sleeves do I need? And how many?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihály Vincze
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi!
Assuming you are a KS backer, you will need exactly 144 sleeves for 57×89 mm cards.
If I remember correctly it's mayday purple.

...and assuming you are a KS backer, thanks for backing our game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
Thank you, Mihály! I am indeed a backer. Since you responded so quickly to my request, I'm feeling more confident that you care about your customers and you'll produce a high-quality game! You made quite an impression on me, thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Turoscsusza wrote:
Hi!
Assuming you are a KS backer, you will need exactly 144 sleeves for 57×89 mm cards.
If I remember correctly it's mayday purple.

...and assuming you are a KS backer, thanks for backing our game

It's mayday orange (chimera)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedek Kiskőrösi
msg tools
Dávid, I'd like to ask, that if I order the Premium Chimera orange sleeves for the cards, will they fit with the sleeves into the cardboard insert of the box?

Premium is twice ad thick as the standard ones.

It wasn't an issue with redacted, because there wasn't any insert in the box, and with DoI I'd like to go with the premiums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
torma99 wrote:
Dávid, I'd like to ask, that if I order the Premium Chimera orange sleeves for the cards, will they fit with the sleeves into the cardboard insert of the box?

Premium is twice ad thick as the standard ones.

It wasn't an issue with redacted, because there wasn't any insert in the box, and with DoI I'd like to go with the premiums.

It might make the board sitting a bit too high for the lid to fully close.
But the card itself in DoI is much sturdier than redacted's first edition, so I honestly don't think you *need* premium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedek Kiskőrösi
msg tools
Thanks, then I'll simply go for the regular ones!

Placing order now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerhard E. Kodys
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Turoscsusza wrote:
Hi!

I tried Arcane Tinmen Medium (57x89mm) and they are too tight a fit... Sadly this happens very often these days (since 1+ year to be clear). Do other manufacturers sleeves for this size fit better (or is it the cards)?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gerraldo wrote:
Turoscsusza wrote:
Hi!

I tried Arcane Tinmen Medium (57x89mm) and they are too tight a fit... Sadly this happens very often these days (since 1+ year to be clear). Do other manufacturers sleeves for this size fit better (or is it the cards)?!

Wanted to second this. This is now the third game in the last 2 months that I have received listed with 57x89 sleeve size that don't fit in 57x89 sleeves because the cards are too big. What's going on over there with those Euro sized card dimensions, hmmm?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Minsker
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Justegarde wrote:
gerraldo wrote:
Turoscsusza wrote:
Hi!

Wanted to second this. This is now the third game in the last 2 months that I have received listed with 57x89 sleeve size that don't fit in 57x89 sleeves because the cards are too big. What's going on over there with those Euro sized card dimensions, hmmm?

I'll confirm this as well. My KS copy arrived the other day, and the Fantasy Flight Standard American (green, 57x89) sleeves were too tight and had the card slightly bowed. I used the Fantasy Flight Standard Euro (purple, 59x89) sleeves, which worked, but are a little on the wide side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin F
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BMinsker wrote:
I'll confirm this as well. My KS copy arrived the other day, and the Fantasy Flight Standard American (green, 57x89) sleeves were too tight and had the card slightly bowed. I used the Fantasy Flight Standard Euro (purple, 59x89) sleeves, which worked, but are a little on the wide side.

I went with BCW sleeves, which are 58x89, and those worked quite well. Mayday Premium Orange (57.5x89) will also work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik
Belgium
Kruishoutem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap, I ordered 57x89 sleeves already...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.