Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discard Pile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Am I allowed to look at the discard pile whenever i want or i can look only when i am applying the effect of a certain phase of a wonder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the discard pile is open information...

Aaaand.... I'm immediately changing my mind. The rule book explicitly states that the discard pile remains face down, which I take to mean that you can't look at it unless and until you're allowed to. Otherwise you could immediately inspect it to see which cards player ps have just discarded...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The discard pile is kept secret unless an ability specifically lets you look through it.

So your Science opponent doesn't know if you're sabotaging them or not!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played that the discard pile is face down and secret. This is particularly important if you are throwing away for money a card that your opponent wants.

EDIT: Yeah - what ^he^ said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol. Couldn't self-correct in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just noticed it too in my rulebook..it's translated and it doesn't emphasize it, but it's there...thanks, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.