Subject: Seeing Doubles & Trendsetting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Pavlin
Slovenia
Radomlje
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
An interesting question came up. If I have both Trendsetting ("This card is a copy of any card in the market") and Seeing doubles ("This card is a copy of another card in your hand. Show the copied card whenever you show this card.") in my hand, can I use this 2 cards to copy 2 diferrent cards in the market, or once the card is selected for Trendsetting, the same card is copied to Seeing doubes.

We played it like this: I play Seeing Doubles showing Trendsetting and copy a card with a Technique and a + action. After resolving it i play Trendsetting copying a different card in the market. Is this legal?
Could i also play this 2 cards and choose 2 diferent cards in the market when using a stall action ... since you play them simultaneously?

Well i gues the question is: Does Seeing doubles copy the Trendsetting and has its own target to copy, or do i have to choose a card in the market for Trendsetting when showing it for Seeing doubles... which would result to both cards copying the same card in the market?

BTW: me and my wife are loving the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because you can play cards in any order. It makes most sense (as in less rule breaking) that Seeing Double copies Trendsetting's ability and not the card that Trendsetting is mimicking. Which means Seeing doubles still could copy the same card Trendsetting is mimics or another one.

In other words you are copying the literal ability of the card and not whatever ability the card is currently the place holder for. This also removes the potential situation where you are doubling a double, because maybe you play another Seeing Double and copy the first seeing Double, which was copying Trend Setting which was copying a market card etc...

There may be an official response coming but the less game breaking rule is the card only copies the actual text on the card it's copying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kryyst wrote:
Because you can play cards in any order. It makes most sense (as in less rule breaking) that Seeing Double copies Trendsetting's ability and not the card that Trendsetting is mimicking. Which means Seeing doubles still could copy the same card Trendsetting is mimics or another one.

In other words you are copying the literal ability of the card and not whatever ability the card is currently the place holder for. This also removes the potential situation where you are doubling a double, because maybe you play another Seeing Double and copy the first seeing Double, which was copying Trend Setting which was copying a market card etc...

There may be an official response coming but the less game breaking rule is the card only copies the actual text on the card it's copying.

+1 I agree with Chris.

Also there is a paragraph in the rulebook about loop back to the original card: "... or the copying effect loops back to the original card, the chameleon card is considered to have its own set icon and value"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chiming in to verify everyone so far has understood this correctly. You are indeed allowed to choose different (or the same) targets with both chameleon fives in your hand. It comes handy that chameleons can actually use their both eyes individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Pavlin
Slovenia
Radomlje
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the answers! Glad we were playing it correctly ... i was just over-thinking it and wasn't sure anymore - damn you 20y of MtG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.