Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should I get this version or the force awakens version ? And why ? While I don't intend to get a bunch of expansions .. Maybe two core sets ... And an extra tie fighter and xwing for more pilot options ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The general answer is both. You are going to want a second core anyway for dice and templates, so grab one of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So grab the reg version and the force awaken version ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
So grab the reg version and the force awaken version ?

And another base set. And another.

And more.

And more.

Oh God please help me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol well I just want two sets I liked the game and had a ton of stuff but sold it all awhile back just would like to get the two core sets I know a few things have changed in the new version I thought I read just wanted to get some options

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
Lol well I just want two sets I liked the game and had a ton of stuff but sold it all awhile back just would like to get the two core sets I know a few things have changed in the new version I thought I read just wanted to get some options

One each is the most cost effective variety you will get.

And you really do want the extra dice and templates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, one of each. Worth it for dice, variant asteroids, extra templates, ship and pilot variety, and some of the cards don't appear anywhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget the rulebook was updated and so was the damage deck in the new core set. Yet you getting the original box is essential for R2-D2 astromech, Biggs Darklighter and Luke Skywalker (at least from a fluff perspective).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tastes will vary. I'm a big fan of the original trilogy and I personally prefer the original design of the game. So in my case I'd rather have two original cores.

If you want to play a little more advanced version, then by all means get the new one instead. Poe, BB-8, and the first order TIEs are fun too.

Fly casual

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no reason to get more than one of either Core. If there are other ships you want you can just get one of the cores for now and prioritize the other core for later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
There is no reason to get more than one of either Core. If there are other ships you want you can just get one of the cores for now and prioritize the other core for later on.

I wouldn't go quite that far. It's still really good value for money, especially once you add in the extra dice, templates, and damage deck. In particular it's useful if you find yourself being the sole supplier of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EastCoast wrote:
dboeren wrote:

I wouldn't go quite that far. It's still really good value for money, especially once you add in the extra dice, templates, and damage deck. In particular it's useful if you find yourself being the sole supplier of the game.

Just to pile on to this a little - it's not uncommon to find core sets for ~$10 each, a cheaper price than I've ever seen for the individual ship expansion blister packs. If you happen upon such a sale, it only makes sense to round out your collection with another core set. Beyond two of either of the core sets starts to get a little harder to justify (you would have to REALLY want to run a 7-ship TIE swarm or 6 TIE/fo).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered one of each thanks for helping me guys !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
I ordered one of each thanks for helping me guys !

See, nothing but love on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep your eyes open at Target too. They quite often mark down X-Wing by 50% (and sometimes mark down that mark down by 50%, so you get get a core set for $10).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Myers

Missouri
msg tools
mb
shnar wrote:
Keep your eyes open at Target too. They quite often mark down X-Wing by 50% (and sometimes mark down that mark down by 50%, so you get get a core set for $10).

-shnar

Seems like Target has discontinued carrying this in stores. I missed a couple opportunities to get them for $19.99/ea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're still carrying it. It just goes through phases.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.