Epic Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scrap Golem question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jochen XXX
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello to all.
I tried to find the answers in this forum and the offical rules, but I really doubt about the Scrap Golem.
Am I right with the following assumtions:

1.The Golem goes to the token-stack beside the game.

2.So it is NOT a card played out of the deck or hand.

3.A player can pay one gold to aquire AND play the Golem.

4.If you tap the Golem, and banish a card from your discard pile, then
another Golem enters play (as a unit in the state of deploying)

5.This means: every tapped Golem (and banished card) does create a new Golem for free ("Put a token champion into play that is a copy of this card.")

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty simple, really:

There is one card, the Scrap Golem, that is actually a card and behaves like a card as normal, in your deck.
He looks like this:

When he uses his ability, he creates a Scrap Golem Token Champion, which behaves like a token, and looks like this (downloadable PDF):

http://www.epiccardgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Epic-...

So, each of those Scrap Golem Tokens can create more.

But all Scrap Golems -- both real card and token -- have the same card-name, "Scrap Golem", which is relevant to this card here:

Does this help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen XXX
msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay! I think, yes
So the first Golem IS part of the card deck of a player.
That explains a lot.
When the original Golem is broken it goes to the players discard pile.
But when all the other Golems are broken, they are handled like tokens, and go to the token pile ?

I also noticed that in your picture it is declared as "Sage Construct champion" (+Loyalty 2 Ability) and the PDF file Golems as "Sage Construct TOKEN champion"
Is your card a promo card ? Never saw it before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The card (from the picture) is a card. Just like all other cards.
The token (from the PDF) is a token. Just like all other tokens (Human, Wolf, Zombie, Demon). Except that its *name* is "Scrap Golem" and it has a special ability (Exhaust to create a new Scrap Golem Token).

The original (non-Token) card was in the Kickstarter pack.

Were you asking questions because you saw the tokens first without seeing the original card? That would explain some of your confusion for sure!!

White Wizard Games created the downloadable PDF of "What does a Scrap Golem Token look like?" after a lot of questions from people like me (search early Epic forum posts and you'll see me talking about Scrap Golems quite a bit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen XXX
msg tools
mbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:

Were you asking questions because you saw the tokens first without seeing the original card? That would explain some of your confusion for sure!!

Exactly this was my problem !!!
No it is clear to me.
Thanks alot ! And I was wondering about these token...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

At first, technically the Scrap Golem token copy would have been a token, but it would not have that trait on the card. It was a weird hole in the rules, so we patched it.

But for a time, you could have a copy of Scrap Golem that was also a token, but it didn't have the token trait.

Now any token has the token trait as a rule.

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.