22 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: A Step Above Scum- Jabba's Realm Heroes article rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
New article on FFG about the heroes: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/16/a-step-...

All aboard the hype train! What hero is everyone most excited for?

Looks like the campaign missions might not take place only on Tatooine after all! I'm really liking that bridge tile!

Also (tinfoil hat time), every "Hero intro" article so far has come out about 2-2.5 months before the game or expansion's release. Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but we might be looking at a November or early December release for this game. Has there been much said on a release date yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shyla Varad looks really awesome, but all 3 seem like great starting points - looking forward to seeing their abilities!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say. Still shows At the Printer. When it changes to On the Boat, it has been pretty consistent 6 weeks barring unusual circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
wait, what? can you throw units on precipices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gideon Stargrave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm partial to Rodians, so my vote goes to Vinto Hreeda.

Between the Hired Guns, Greedo and this new Rebel Hero, Rodians are now one of the best-represented alien races in Imperial Assault! [Wookies are the only other one I can think of that have a generic Squad, a character from the films and a Rebel Hero]

EDITED to add: I think I'll use my Star Wars Miniatures 'Rodian Black Sun Vigo' figure as a proxy for Vinto in some Skirmish games this weekend - the figure is a great match for the art on his card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Coiote wrote:

What do you mean?

No, you can't normally push or move through impassable terrain. The Pit example must have a mission rule specifically allowing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
c4dillon wrote:
Shyla Varad looks really awesome, but all 3 seem like great starting points - looking forward to seeing their abilities!

Some abilities are in the article, so be sure to check it out.

Agreed, though. This is a really solid group of heroes, I'm impressed.
I keep rotating between each of the three over which I'm most excited for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving the look of all three of these. This is really shaping up to be an exciting expansion.

a1bert wrote:
Coiote wrote:

What do you mean?

No, you can't normally push or move through impassable terrain. The Pit example must have a mission rule specifically allowing it.

I would have been pretty disappointed if there wasn't a way to knock people into the Sarlaac Pit.

a1bert wrote:
When it changes to On the Boat, it has been pretty consistent 6 weeks barring unusual circumstances.

Heroes of the Resistannnnnce! *shakes fist angrily*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb O
msg tools
I'd love it if Shyla Varad could pull someone from the other side of the sarlaac and drop them in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting that the Campaign heroes are part of the Scum faction when playing Skirmish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ioannidas wrote:
I'd love it if Shyla Varad could pull someone from the other side of the sarlaac and drop them in.

It looks possible to me judging by the pictures and her character sheet. She just has to be standing right next to the pit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really find those new forest tiles interesting
Missions off Tatooine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Solna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
legobaldguy206 wrote:
Missions off Tatooine?

Most likely Nal Hutta (home of the hutts), which is a swampy planet with immense pollution, hence the green fog on the right tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingmob75 wrote:
Between the Hired Guns, Greedo and this new Rebel Hero, Rodians are now one of the best-represented alien races in Imperial Assault! [Wookies are the only other one I can think of that have a generic Squad, a character from the films and a Rebel Hero]

Interesting point. You can build a droid squad already on that same basis (MHD-19, IG-88 and the HK Assassins). Maybe FFG should include a pair of generic Mandalorean Warriors as a figure pack and include Trandoshan hero in the next small box expansion. And if they made an Aqualish warrior figure pack and one for Ponda Baba (Aqualish that attacks Luke and gets cut down by Kenobi in the Mos Eisley cantina), you could make an Aqualish squad. Add some Mon Calamari and Admiral Ackbar (or some other named MC) to go with Loku.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cogdiz wrote:
Most likely Nal Hutta (home of the hutts), which is a swampy planet with immense pollution, hence the green fog on the right tile.
Maybe we can expect to see Dagobah as part of the next small box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Cogdiz wrote:
legobaldguy206 wrote:
Missions off Tatooine?

That's likely. There is apparently a Nal Hutta skirmish map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
bill_andel wrote:
Cogdiz wrote:

Why? What could possibly happen there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Pinewood74 wrote:
bill_andel wrote:
Cogdiz wrote:

A lot, apparently. It could be pretty contested
[url]
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1638310/yoda-neednt-be-dago...[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy N
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited for all three heroes for the campaign. They each add their own unique flavor which will be great to see in action, can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinewood74 wrote:
bill_andel wrote:
Cogdiz wrote:

Just use your imagination! How long was Luke muttering "Yoda" "Dagobah" deliriously after the Wampa attack? Maybe even after they got him back to Echo Base? What if someone who heard him was captured during the Empire's attack? Could it have gotten back to our favorite Sith Lord? Mightn't he have dispatched an Inquisitor or few to investigate, once he was no longer pre-occupied with the goings-on at Bespin?
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We know from Rebels, of course that there are at least six Sisters and probably that many Brothers unaccounted for, assuming the GI is not also First Brother.
Yoda, of course, was powerful enough to fight them off, but could that fight have resulted in the frail, terminal condition Luke found him in during ROTJ? BTW, this would make the perfect side mission for the Yoda Ally pack. Our intrepid heroes learned of Yoda, too, and went to learn the Ways Of The Force arriving just as the Inquisitors did and joining Yoda's battle against them. 'Course this means adding an Inquisitor Villain pack, too.

Edited for grammar & spelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Quite excited to have a melee Mandalorian warrior type. Loved that class in the KOTOR games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bill_andel wrote:
kingmob75 wrote:

Interesting point. You can build a droid squad already on that same basis (MHD-19, IG-88 and the HK Assassins). Maybe FFG should include a pair of generic Mandalorean Warriors as a figure pack and include Trandoshan hero in the next small box expansion. And if they made an Aqualish warrior figure pack and one for Ponda Baba (Aqualish that attacks Luke and gets cut down by Kenobi in the Mos Eisley cantina), you could make an Aqualish squad. Add some Mon Calamari and Admiral Ackbar (or some other named MC) to go with Loku.
Oh, and since
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Hondo showed up in Rebels,
a figure pack for him to go with his nameless brethren from Jabba's Realm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.