Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:
Quote:
10.3 Stacking and Movement. Stacking rules are in effect throughout the game turn, but within the limits given above*), there is no limit to the number of units that may pass through a given hex during a given player turn.
*) this refers to 10.1: max 3 divisions + 1 artillery unit in one hex and 10.2 don't mix brown (Br) and green (US) units

How should I read this? :
A) you can't move through a fully stacked hex
or
B) you can move through a fully stacked hex as long as you don't end your movement there

Thanks! - preping for a play tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer my own question:
Quote:
12.3 Restrictions [on movement]. A unit may never enter an enemy-occupied hex or cross an all-sea hexside [..]. A unit may never end its move in violation of stacking. No unit may move off a map edge.

No word about not moving through a fully stacked hex.
So B) you can move through a fully stacked hex as long as you don't end your movement there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Knight
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
I take responsibility for writing the rules, so I apologize for any lack of clarity. My intent with 10.3 may have been to avoid situations where the player activates two stacks (call them A and B) on the same turn and places A on top of B before moving B away, as the player might inadvertently double-move one of the units. In other words, I would prefer B to move away before A moves into B's place. It was not my goal to restrict movement through a fully-stacked hex. I'm glad you inferred correctly from 12.3.

Thanks for playing the game!
Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. Loved the rules, with the "beginners" and "old hand notes" comments.

We had a blast playing this one. Rematch (switching sides) somewhere later this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ben, you're not only the designer of ViN, but also of Victory at Midway! Love that game!

What are you doing here without an avatar? People should recognize you! Go get one! thumbsup And thank you, for making these great games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.