S Totoro
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
A slight change in the winning condition to help speed up the game so that it could possibly end in 30 minutes instead of the 1+ hour it actually takes. Please let me know what you think or tweaks that should be added!

Original Win Condition:
First person to construct 6 Landmarks

Faster Variant Win Condition:
*When someone has completed 4 Landmarks, this will signify the final round. Everyone else will get one more turn to roll,resolve cards, and buy.

*The person with the highest accumulated value of Landmarks wins the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Should ties be broken by value of constructed non-landmark buildings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
For faster play, I use the following (similar) variant:

- No Airport
- Harbor is built automatically
- Cut the rule from harbor for +2 (complicates the game)
- Cull all of the 13+ die roll cards from the game (which cuts the Harbor bonus, but it's built free anyway)
- Cull all of the renovation cards from the game (they simply slow the game down)

That leaves just the four original landmarks to be built and a set of cards that won't overly slow down the game.

I don't have the BLBC set, but cobbled together my play deck from the base+both expansions, but it's similar enough to the BLBC set.

[EDIT] I realized that I do leave one set of renovation cards in the game (Winery + Vinyard), because this pairing doesn't really slow down the game like the other renovation cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.