Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to sit back and enjoy the comments on this one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
when i get home, i'm so tired
badge
just roll over, please. i'm so tired. just roll over, please. i'm so tired.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Up to 75%* off!"

*3 dollars
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
"Up to 75%* off!"

*3 dollars

I think one expansion map is priced 75% off so they aren't lying. But just as important, if you aren't getting $75 worth of stuff, shipping is killer. Roll through the Age Iron age is discounted pretty good, but the shipping brings it right back up to MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How long does this sale last?

Edit: the 30th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
leo_rockway wrote:
How long does this sale last?

"%75 of the time, all the time"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oooooo, Sid Meier's Civilization figures and plastic cities....oooooooooo, may need to grab those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Freeport
Illinois
flag msg tools
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
"This sale is off the hook crazy.. Buy everything, Don't think.. Just do it!" Eagle-Gryphon PR Department.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how big those civilization miniatures are? Are they risk sized or bigger?

I ask because I'm looking to replace these boats from Amerigo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're selling Through the Ages for a higher price than CoolStuff. I am not impressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
texascpa wrote:
oooooo, Sid Meier's Civilization figures and plastic cities....oooooooooo, may need to grab those.

Just fyi, my assumption is that those are for the Eagle-Gryphon games version of Sid Meier's Civ, not the FFG version that most people are familiar with.

I've seen many a user accidentally pick up the wrong Sid Meier's Civ game via math trade over the years because they thought it was the FFG version by the same name!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
Does anyone know how big those civilization miniatures are? Are they risk sized or bigger?

I ask because I'm looking to replace these boats from Amerigo.

You don't like the Amerigo boats?! They are awesome because when you are done sailing (the blue action is useless about halfway through the game), you stand them up on end and they look like little aardvarks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backlash27 wrote:
You don't like the Amerigo boats?! They are awesome because when you are done sailing (the blue action is useless about halfway through the game), you stand them up on end and they look like little aardvarks.

Hmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, their "sales" have yet to produce much of interest. I will say that every time I've ordered from them, their service and shipping speed have been great!

But those prices.... There are several of their games I'm interested in getting, but not until the price comes down a lot, and their sales aren't cutting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, AFAIK, Fantastiqa is no longer available at the OLGS, so I guess if you really wanted it, you could buy its bundle for free shipping, then add on some other sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looking at Vinhos. If you missed the KS they have the KS version with stretch goals for $109.99. For backers it was $89.99 plus $17 shipping which is about the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
They must have the worst website of any publisher on the planet. It looks more like a pawn shop or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
Looking at Vinhos. If you missed the KS they have the KS version with stretch goals for $109.99. For backers it was $89.99 plus $17 shipping which is about the same.

For some it's the same for others not. For example no matter how much I spend on their website I need to spend an atrocious amount on shipping. Last time I contacted them about an order for a pitch car expansion I was told shipping would be $40.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
abonosky wrote:

For some it's the same for others not. For example no matter how much I spend on their website I need to spend an atrocious amount on shipping. Last time I contacted them about an order for a pitch car expansion I was told shipping would be $40.

I am guessing shipping to Alaska is not cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Pretty sure their free shipping triggers at $75. I've ordered items from their website and have gotten free shipping every time.

The only things worth buying from them are exclusives and promos that aren't available at retail outlets. Normal games are typically cheaper at a retail store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amodman wrote:
texascpa wrote:

Just fyi, my assumption is that those are for the Eagle-Gryphon games version of Sid Meier's Civ, not the FFG version that most people are familiar with.

I've seen many a user accidentally pick up the wrong Sid Meier's Civ game via math trade over the years because they thought it was the FFG version by the same name!

What would be the difference in terms of using these figurines instead of the flags, covered wagons and tiles that FFG provides? Are the two versions of the game different?

EDIT: just checked on BGG. Holy crap, they are completely different. I didn't realize that. Thanks amodman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
abonosky wrote:

It's not as bad as people may think. We use USPS standard shipping rate boxes all the time to ship stuff to the lower 48.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
andrews777 wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
abonosky wrote:

It's not as bad as people may think. We use USPS standard shipping rate boxes all the time to ship stuff to the lower 48.

Is shipping to Alaska the same price? Things are not always reciprocal in that area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
andrews777 wrote:
Grumsh wrote:
abonosky wrote:

Is shipping to Alaska the same price? Things are not always reciprocal in that area.

Yes, USPS shipping is the same price anywhere in the US (or world to an APO/FPO box). There is an exception with the optional Regional rate boxes that vary with distance but mostly you would use those to save money on shorter distances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.