10 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Upgrades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick McGee
msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone using upgrade cards from all the expansions? If so, does it make the game unbalanced at all or does it add something to the gameplay? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AeroHudson wrote:
Anyone using upgrade cards from all the expansions? If so, does it make the game unbalanced at all or does it add something to the gameplay? Thanks!

I think the rules actually just say to mix 'em all together, don't they?

Should increase variety in what Upgrades you find during a given game, at the very least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I mixed them in for our first play. Cant compare to playing with just core upgrades, but was nice to have a deeper stack. Sins player (me) won primarily because I targeted the most upgraded hero who was unfortunately wandering the streets unaccompanied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
msg tools
The only ones I would keep separate are the ones from the Apocalypse box, as they are significantly stronger than the oroginals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
There are two upgrades in the Apoc expansion that are epic strong. I took them out. Heroes win easy with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Warlock00 wrote:
There are two upgrades in the Apoc expansion that are epic strong. I took them out. Heroes win easy with them.

are you talking about the ones that give heroes +1 dice equal to the round of the apocolypse track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
msyterhe wrote:
are you talking about the ones that give heroes +1 dice equal to the round of the apocolypse track?

Yes and the one that doubles your voluntary corruption bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Knees
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mix them all together I say. The more the better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Olszewski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey,
I have mixed all together but apart of deciding what is too strong or to weak - does anyone think about how to build an upgrade deck ? I have the feeling after four games that sometimes if you do not get a better cards you will be defated for sure Maybe we shpuld think how to build a proper upgrade deck?

I know that the rulebook says to just mix them up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Warlock00 wrote:

I don't know if I'd say 'easy'. It makes it a bit less punishing than normal. Trying to fight an Avatar who also has a Controller & some abominations/acolytes in their space is still scary, even with the cards mentioned.

The card that gives you extra dice equal to the Apocalypse track isn't that powerful until later in the game....provided the Apocalypse track is moving each round, which it doesn't always do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.